We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to start marketing my new parenting method...ninja parenting...

(15 Posts)
Nacknick Mon 03-Apr-17 22:39:01

...also known as WWMWD (what would Master Wu do)?

Discovered completely by accident today after a relentless day of playing ninjago, I finally said that it would only carry on if I was allowed to be Master Wu.
This resulted in complete compliance from small ninja (aka Lloyd) to my every command.
My master stroke was when I insisted that Master Wu needed a relaxing bath before dinner, but small ninja might be allowed to enter the bathroom periodically to receive instruction on what he should do next in the ninja training room sitting room.
I even received an approving raised eyebrow from DP when I said "I will tell the same thing many times, but that is how you will learn" and small ninja just nodded wisely rather than answering back as usual.

How long until I make my first million? Or do you think that Lego will be after me for trademark infringement?

EZA15 Mon 03-Apr-17 22:46:40

I'm stealing this before you trademark it....

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Mon 03-Apr-17 22:48:13

I initially misread that ninjago but as 'playing with my fanjo'

Sorry grin

Nacknick Mon 03-Apr-17 22:48:24

Oops I should have thought about that before going public. Could I interest you in a franchise?

SometimesItRains Mon 03-Apr-17 22:48:33

Ha, genius idea, although I think it's a bit too late for my DS1 (7 going on 13) - he'd just look at me and roll his eyes in a 'mum, you are so embarrassing' kind of way. Might try it on DS2 though...

Nacknick Mon 03-Apr-17 22:50:01

grin that was to EZA not SheRaaargh

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Mon 03-Apr-17 22:50:53

Ha

Nacknick Mon 03-Apr-17 22:51:16

Ha, my nearly 7 year old is obviously more gullible than yours Sometimes

Nacknick Mon 03-Apr-17 23:06:12

We nearly had an issue at dinner time as there were apparently a load of stone warriors outside that needed dealing with...but I went and spoke to them in their language and told them they had to wait until after dinner before they started attacking us.
Who knew I could speak 'stone warrior-ese'??

Nacknick Tue 04-Apr-17 09:24:23

Apparently it's still working today... I was woken up by 'good morning sensei'. If only he was old enough to make tea!

EZA15 Tue 04-Apr-17 13:13:43

Too late I've stolen borrowed the entire concept before a franchise was even offered!

CigarsofthePharoahs Tue 04-Apr-17 13:33:10

Hmmmmm…
I think I will adapt you technique and become Darth Siddeous, master to the little 6 year old Darth Vader I have on my house.
Might just work…

Nacknick Tue 04-Apr-17 15:16:28

Hope it's working well for you EZA - we're still in an oasis of tranquility and obedience here. He's even used his ninja skills to help his father prune the hedge and go to the tip with the prunings...
I like your style Cigars - I'm just hoping my ninja doesn't turn into Lord Garmadon

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 04-Apr-17 15:21:10

Can I pretend DD is a Pokemon?

This would have been so much easier when she was a My Little Pony.

Nacknick Tue 04-Apr-17 15:29:22

Pokemon sounds like it might be tricky - don't they hide and stuff?

Actually that might work as long as she doesn't mind not being found too quickly...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now