Talk

Advanced search

To ask for ideas for sanctions?

(3 Posts)
usedtobebrightereyes Mon 03-Apr-17 21:12:59

My 8 year old (and sometimes
My 11 year old too) is reAlly pushing boundaries. Almost having tantrum type episodes. I use positive reinforcements and they earn privileges but lately I've been wondering if a warning system would
Work! Any one have experience of sanctions with kids this age? I'm thinking a 3 warnings system but god knows what the end sanction would be!!!! Ideas and experience please!!

Trifleorbust Mon 03-Apr-17 21:23:20

What do they value that can be taken away? Tech? Activities? Pocket money? Late bedtime?

picklemepopcorn Mon 03-Apr-17 21:40:06

I'd go with combining your rewards with sanctions. So they can earn the right to stay up 30mins, and lose minutes if they misbehave.
They can earn the right to choose breakfast one weekend day each, but lose it if they misbehave.
Choose the take away
Decide what's for tea
Earn slave time (30mins of mum or dad doing whatever they like-tickling, racing, playing video games with them, helping them tidy their room, bike ride, baking, board game etc)

Stay calm, no shouting. Expect them to lose the reward the first couple of times (which will be rough on all of you) but then realise how to make the good stuff happen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now