Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to keep to the court Order ?!

(10 Posts)
organixeveryday Mon 03-Apr-17 20:32:29

Ex has DS every Sunday - Monday.
Holiday time was agreed In a court order set out Jan2016 when DS was 2 mo. It says that ex is entitled to 2 weeks (together or separately ) every year with DS.
The dates of this have to be relayed to me by 30th April every year.

Now , I have a family wedding to go to which is the 28th-30th April which he has agreed to babysit for (his mum and him will be tag teaming). We agreed this last year , and I have covered for him on his days when he has had stags or whatever to go to.

Basically he's saying he won't give me any holiday dates until May/June , even though by April last year he had managed to give me holiday dates for August (in the same job so not sure what the delay is).

I really want and need to book a holiday for August and want to get the best prices possible , so , AIBU to ask him to give me the bloody dates by the 30th April, as the court order says!
I'm terrified he'll pull out of childcare for the wedding sad

BerylStreep Mon 03-Apr-17 20:39:42

Depending on your relationship, I can't see what the problem is on telling him that you are planning to book a holiday on XX week, and could he confirm whether or not he is planning to book holidays over that date.

organixeveryday Mon 03-Apr-17 20:46:02

It's an adults only holiday that's the problem
( last one before new baby comes) and a bloody expensive one at that.
I can't risk booking it.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Mon 03-Apr-17 20:46:19

Just tell him if he doesn't announce dates by the set date then you will. . One of you should get a good deal - make it you!!

organixeveryday Mon 03-Apr-17 20:46:58

He's not even going to take DS abroad or anything so not sure why it has to in August or anything. I'm so cross.

organixeveryday Mon 03-Apr-17 20:48:28

If I say oh I'm going to book it for1-8th of August then he can just turn round and say oh I can't get holiday then and then what will i do.

BerylStreep Mon 03-Apr-17 20:51:08

Well if the wedding babysitting is so important I would leave it until after then before you push it.

organixeveryday Mon 03-Apr-17 21:07:07

I think I'll have to. I'm upset about the whole situation really.

BlackeyedSusan Mon 03-Apr-17 21:11:17

let him babysit.

on the 1st of may, emai land remid him that dates should have been submitted. say you are now going ahead with booking and give him those dates.

he can then choose his dates around you.

bet it doesn't bloody work like that though.

Quartz2208 Mon 03-Apr-17 21:15:21

You want to go away without your DS so you want to tell him when he should take his holiday, I don't think that is the purpose of the court order it's designed for him to tell you when he wants your son.now if you wanted to book a holiday with your son that's different you could force it.

I understand your frustration at the process though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now