Talk

Advanced search

are there ANY jobs available that don't require you to work weekends?

(12 Posts)
orangespeachesandlimes Mon 03-Apr-17 10:13:12

I can't find any sad I mean I know they exist but I'm not qualified for much so just looking for inspiration!

Pigface1 Mon 03-Apr-17 10:16:19

I don't know what kind of thing you're after - but support staff in offices? I'm a solicitor and we need secretaries, photocopying assistants, paralegals, admin assistants, archiving assistants etc. For the most part these jobs are 9-5 Monday to Friday (unless the firm is specifically seeking out of hour's coverage).

orangespeachesandlimes Mon 03-Apr-17 10:18:49

Thanks, would you need qualifications for this? smile

icanteven Mon 03-Apr-17 10:25:43

I am a reasonably well paid web designer and I have no qualifications, just practice.

Are you IT literate? Is your spelling and grammar perfect? Are you on Jobseekers and could you afford to do one of their placements, where you keep your Jobseekers and do an 8 week placement with a company? You could specifically ask them to place you in an office-based role so that you can get that experience (I'm assuming you haven't done this kind of job before).

Office work, and better yet, freelance/work from home office work is ideal for having a work/life balance, especially if you want to work around school hours.

unfortunateevents Mon 03-Apr-17 10:30:32

What qualifications do you actually have? There are lots of jobs which don't normally require any weekend or unsocial hours working but there is no pointing people reeling them off if you haven't got a hope of being able to do them!

orangespeachesandlimes Mon 03-Apr-17 10:33:17

hi I'm not on JSA. Not sure I could do web design!

I've got a few GCSEs but no maths.

MusicToMyEars800 Mon 03-Apr-17 10:55:45

do you have a particular type of job in mind? most admin jobs are mon-fri, I do cleaning which I can do Monday-Friday or I can skip the Friday and do it over the weekend ( I have a key )

unfortunateevents Mon 03-Apr-17 11:04:40

Midday supervisor at school? Playground supervisor? I don't know if it would be possible to get supermarket or retail work which doesn't involve weekends? Lots of my DC's friends work weekends in shops, restaurants etc but aren't available during the week so there must be people who fill in those shifts? Work in a sandwich shop/cafe which is in a business area so doesn't open at all at weekends? Cleaning?

Lack of GCSE Maths is going to preclude its of jobs though so would you consider doing that qualification now?

ChaseAvenal Mon 03-Apr-17 11:30:03

If you're thinking retail, Primark still have seperate weekday and weekend staff, though it's pretty much all part time so depends if you need full time.
Also any admin/catering/retail within schools/colleges/universities, which is what I do currently, though this depends what experience you have as I found it very competitive.

Polarbearflavour Mon 03-Apr-17 11:38:53

Many admin/clerical jobs are weekday only. The NHS is always looking for ward clerks, filing clerks etc and then you could become a an audio typist or medical secretary.

Civil Service departments still have loads of admin jobs. One large office near where I live for example is recruiting for summer temp admins and there's a general administrative recruitment campaign.

araiwa Mon 03-Apr-17 12:05:55

most jobs are mon- fri 9-5ish

thats why rush hour is weekday mornings and evenings

but low qualification jobs are probably more shitty hours like evenings nights or weekends which seemingly what youre looking for

orangespeachesandlimes Mon 03-Apr-17 12:57:28

yes, this is the issue!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now