Talk

Advanced search

Having a bleugh day...already

(12 Posts)
cjt110 Mon 03-Apr-17 09:01:47

I need a grip (in a kind way). Just having one of those days already - it's monda, I've had a shitty weekend toilet training sucks and I just want some "me" time. I'm jealous because my husband is off work today and has the whole day to himself whilst DS is at my parents. I cannot remember the last time I was at home, on my own, in silence. Well I can, it was for about 10 minutes last week and it was bliss. DS (2.5) woke in a whingey whiney mood which I think set me this way for the day which I know he cant help.

I only have 5 days holiday left for the year so don't want to just book a random day off as it would mean I cannot take a whole week off in a block.

Help me get a grip and some perspective....

cjt110 Mon 03-Apr-17 10:32:41

ssd Mon 03-Apr-17 10:35:45

thanks

cjt110 Mon 03-Apr-17 10:44:07

Thank you ssd

Passmethecrisps Mon 03-Apr-17 10:46:41

Well, I don't know if you need perspective. It sounds tough.

Is it possible for you to take a day off unwell. It sounds to me like you are a bit worn down and it would do you good to have a day for you.

Lapinlapin Mon 03-Apr-17 10:50:52

Only 5 days holiday left for the whole year? That sounds pretty rubbish flowers (unless you've just been on a month-long holiday wink)

How come your dh gets a day to himself? I'm guessing you don't get this ever...

Can you get dh to look after ds for a day at the weekend, and then plan a nice day by yourself then?

floraeasy Mon 03-Apr-17 10:51:07

If you don't want to use up your holiday yet, how about negotiating to get Saturday to yourself this week?

Can you explain to your husband that you feel absolutely shattered right now and you'd really love a day off - whatever form that takes, spa with the girls, sitting in the garden with a book, etc.

Could your parents possibly take DS for Saturday? Or could DH do something with him whilst you relax?

cjt110 Mon 03-Apr-17 11:10:50

Passmethecrisps I feel under pressure not to be off. I have been off a few times this year because of illness and I don't want to risk getting ibn trouble.

Lapinlapin My holidays run Jan-Dec. 3 days automatically saved for Christmas shut down period. Have been off 2 weeks in Feb for a holiday (which wasn't like a holiday at all - pretty much had a nervous breakdown sad) We have a week booked off in June for a week away in this country but it feels like forever til we go.

DH gets a day off because of his work patterns. I do Mon-Fri. He has a 2 week rota where he ends up with a day off where DS is at my parents. He has quote a physical job is is knackered too.

I just need to shut off for the day. Not to think about anyone else.

cjt110 Mon 03-Apr-17 11:11:23

DS is 2.5 and is just being a toddler but we are both struggling at the moment.

Passmethecrisps Mon 03-Apr-17 12:18:02

I hear you but at the end of the day the way I see it is if you are sick you are sick.

I hope you get through the day and get some peace some way or other. flowers

cjt110 Mon 03-Apr-17 12:35:23

Thank you pass I have just been looking at, and getting excited, about the upcoming break we have booked. Log cabin,. log burner, hot tub, forest, no mobile signal, no wifi. Bliss.

ssd Tue 04-Apr-17 15:44:19

that break sounds lovely cjt110, break it down into weeks and it wont seem so far away.

hope today has been a wee bit better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now