Talk

Advanced search

To think DP is being ridiculous

(119 Posts)
reddA Mon 03-Apr-17 00:15:35

We have completely different ways of parenting which causes issues anyway but this situation is really bugging me!

DP has 3 teens that all go to the same school, they bicker and wind each other up, as kids do. Instead of dealing with the way they behave he takes one on her own and then comes back and takes the other two, it makes the mornings chaotic, rushed and wastes petrol.

I half jokingly said I would post here and I bet no one else would put up with their children wanting separate lifts to the same school - he thinks plenty of people do it!

I wish he'd start being the parent for once instead of picking the 'easy' option of letting them have their own way, it's just going to get worse as they get older sad

AIBU to think he should just tell them to behave themselves, treat each other with respect or walk/bus to school instead of pandering to them?

Lapinlapin Mon 03-Apr-17 00:17:19

Yanbu!

His way of taking them to school is a bit like that logic puzzle of getting a chicken and a fox across a river!

AtSea1979 Mon 03-Apr-17 00:17:21

I wouldn't give my DC separate lifts. However I wouldn't judge others who do whatever they have to to make parenting a little easier

BlueFolly Mon 03-Apr-17 00:18:36

separate lifts to the same school

LOL

reuset Mon 03-Apr-17 00:21:45

That is ridiculous. A waste of time, money and resources. Lazy parenting too.

How far is it?

Mummymoanasaurus Mon 03-Apr-17 00:22:43

That is ridiculous

DedicationToSparkleMotion Mon 03-Apr-17 00:26:14

That's absolutely mental, who has time for that shit on a morning?!

TyneTeas Mon 03-Apr-17 00:26:52

Anyone who didn't choose to get into the car for the one trip being made would be expected to walk make their own arrangements

3boys3dogshelp Mon 03-Apr-17 00:26:59

I would offer one run to school which they can choose to take or they can get themselves there. I wouldn't put up with that from my 3yo!!

Holland00 Mon 03-Apr-17 00:27:08

No chance!! They will get in the car and behave, end of.

faithinthesound Mon 03-Apr-17 00:28:12

If that were me, creating and carrying on with my siblings, my mother would have just turned the car off and told us we could all walk.

Seriously.

He is not doing them any favors pandering to the drama.

antimatter Mon 03-Apr-17 00:29:19

no way I would be taking my kids separately to the same school
so YANBU and he is

WildBelle Mon 03-Apr-17 00:30:13

Is he actually mad?

ExplodedCloud Mon 03-Apr-17 00:31:53

Get in the car and shut up or you go on the bus.
YANBU.

SpeedwellBlue Mon 03-Apr-17 00:32:29

I bet no one else would put up with their children wanting separate lifts to the same school - he thinks plenty of people do it!

Of course they don't.

Darbs76 Mon 03-Apr-17 00:32:36

No way, the kids need to sort the issue out, why would anyone agree to this?

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Mon 03-Apr-17 00:32:53

I can just about cope with one school run.
Two would tip me over the edge.

If he's doing the trip twice in the morning I'm guessing it can't be that far.
They're teenagers. They can bike it

maras2 Mon 03-Apr-17 00:35:26

Just 2 words.
Feckin' eejit < as we say here > smile

reddA Mon 03-Apr-17 00:38:30

AtSea1979 - I've only butted in this week because his car isn't working and he's borrowing mine, I did try to bite my tongue but couldn't blush. It's probably 2 miles away but a busy route. When I said that he should take them all together he did say he would 'ask them' ffs - no you are the parent, you tell them!!
I have to take my teen to a different school first so it will be even more hectic this week hmm

HeddaGarbled Mon 03-Apr-17 00:41:11

It is bizarre and I'm sure no one else does it but if it doesn't have any impact on you, I'd keep out of it and leave them to it. There's no need to create unnecessary arguments.

DoloresTheRunawayTrain Mon 03-Apr-17 00:45:29

Hahahaha. That's so far beyond ridiculous. They can get themselves in if it's only 2 miles. There will be pedestrian crossings if walking, or they could get buses, or they can bike in.

Darbs76 Mon 03-Apr-17 00:48:58

They'd be walking if it was me - no way I'd allow them to dictate to me that I'm doing 2 school runs. Hell no

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Mon 03-Apr-17 00:49:25

School is only two miles away and they get a drive every day??

Back to the actual thread topic, he is being HUGELY unreasonable. And ridiculous, pandering, weak willed and an ineffective parent.

nocoolnamesleft Mon 03-Apr-17 01:02:59

Take your teen to school first. Arrive back with only time for your DH to make one run to school.

I mean, come on. Who on earth would do 2 school runs to the same place?

PerspicaciaTick Mon 03-Apr-17 01:07:17

* he thinks plenty of people do it!*

In what world?

He needs to tell them that there is one taxi service. Anyone not using his taxi service must make their own arrangements. Anyone making the journey unpleasant for him will be making their own arrangements. Within those parameters he is happy to consider any suggestions that they (as a group) make to him about seating arrangements during the journey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now