Talk

Advanced search

Paying for toilets when accompanying children

(11 Posts)
Vodkamartine Sun 02-Apr-17 21:28:51

At the station you have to pay 20p to pee. I don't mind having to pay but some woman next to me had to pay 3 times. just for one child and herself just to watch the other one pee. I know there's no way to vet who is actually peeing but I feel really Annoyed on her behalf.

SecretNetter Sun 02-Apr-17 21:37:46

If the dc was young enough to need help, I'd have just picked them up to go through the barrier and pay once tbh.

peoplepleaser70 Sun 02-Apr-17 21:46:12

There are 2 in our town and they don't expect you to pay for children, and always ask if I want to go in with them (for free).

Frillyhorseyknickers Sun 02-Apr-17 21:47:09

It's hardly a fortune but tbh if they are young enough to need assisting having a wee, pick he buggers up and pay for yourself only.

Vodkamartine Sun 02-Apr-17 21:47:52

I guess she could of picked them up I don't think then being young enough was the issue was big station heaving and toilets on two floors

HeddaGarbled Sun 02-Apr-17 21:52:36

TBH, when the train fares are a gazillion pounds already, she probably wasn't too worried about 60p.

StillDrivingMeBonkers Sun 02-Apr-17 21:55:02

The children could have nipped under the barriers if they were too big to be carried.

Was there not an attendant? How else might you get a pram or wheelchair through?

yaela123 Sun 02-Apr-17 21:55:52

I just pick my DC up in this situation confused

HermioneJeanGranger Sun 02-Apr-17 22:08:09

Just pick up the children, or have them sneak under. I wouldn't pay three times.

howabout Sun 02-Apr-17 22:12:23

If you are in London you have to pay for everyone because the barriers are all manned by really really scary officious attendants - no picking up toddlers. No wonder London is not benefitiing from a currency fall tourist boom in the same way as the rest of the country.

Vodkamartine Sun 02-Apr-17 23:09:07

No one there manning it just those barriers that go round

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now