Advanced search

To stay with him for money?

(81 Posts)
Za1ny Sun 02-Apr-17 17:00:32

I have two kids with my partner aged 3 and 10 months. I am hating life at the minute - constantly indoors with the baby who is quite difficult and he doesn't help at all.

We had a wedding to attend today and he told me to stay home after having a massive argument with me because he managed to break the zip off my daughters dress. Yes that's how useless he is, he doesn't know how to put a dress on a child.

He fucks off every weekend leaving me alone with the baby, he takes my 3 year old with him but doesn't look after her himself he will drop him off to his mother

There is no love in the relationship

I hate him, he hates me. It's as simple as that

He won't leave

I would love to leave him but here's the issue - my parents purchased a house in my name a few years ago when I was in a well paid job. I also gave them money towards the deposit. If I leave him I will be broke as I am not working and I am finding it extremely hard to get another job.

I won't be able to apply for income support / housing benefit etc because of the house in my name

The only thing I'll be entitled to is ctc and CB but how will I survive on that?

I can't go back to my parents there's just no space. And I don't think they want me back either. They don't have much to do with (despite me always helping them financially in the past)

I really hate life at the moment honestly living with him has become a nightmare. I told myself before in 30 I will leave him but by doing so I'll be completely broke

I am looking for a job

Aibu to stay with him just for security (roof Over my head, bills paid for etc) even though I HATE HIM and wish I could just leave and not worry about money ?

I'm obviously not saying that I wish I was on benefits but I have not been successful in any of the jobs I have applied for

Birdsgottaf1y Sun 02-Apr-17 17:05:38

I think that you need proper benefit and legal advice.

Aside from that, are you just knackered/overworked, or do you think that you do really want the end of your relationship?

Does he say that he wants to be in the relationship?

palebluesky Sun 02-Apr-17 17:07:20

I sympathise. However, do you mean the house you own is in addition to the one you live in?

Za1ny Sun 02-Apr-17 17:08:43

No I really do want to end the relationship. He has seen how tough things have been for me but has never supported me or helped and just cares about himself.

He works mon - fri then goes to the gym / visits friends / visits his parents so weekdays me and my children don't see him. On weekends, which should be family time, he pisses off and leaves me alone. He just doesn't care.

Za1ny Sun 02-Apr-17 17:09:40

The house I own is my parents house - they pay the mortgage my name was put on it as they couldn't get a mortgage in their name at the time. I don't live there

KateDaniels2 Sun 02-Apr-17 17:10:11

Is that house half his?

KateDaniels2 Sun 02-Apr-17 17:10:45

Sorry just not sure if you are married. I presume not?

BonnyScotland Sun 02-Apr-17 17:11:36

your Partner is living a jolly old life isn't he.....

Za1ny Sun 02-Apr-17 17:12:31

The house is not his. It was purchased before I met him. No we're not married

ijustwannadance Sun 02-Apr-17 17:12:53

Assuming your parents pay the mortgage, can you get house transfered over to their names/get the money back you put in?

At least then you would get housed etc

PinkHeart59156816 Sun 02-Apr-17 17:14:34

Obviously the choice is yours BUT I personally couldn't live like that, and I think the child will notice the hate you have for each other as they grow and that is not a good environment for any child.

Za1ny Sun 02-Apr-17 17:16:03

My parents haven't been successful in getting the house transferred. They are taking steps to get the house off my name but it's taking forever as I will sell the house to them and they will buy it. This way I will get back some of the money I gave them

It's taking forever though. I don't even know if it will go ahead.

FloatyCat Sun 02-Apr-17 17:17:01

The key is how you deal with your / your parents house, either you get them to transfer the house/mortgage into their own names, however this will be impossible if they how low income or poor credit. Or you need to sell that house, and you sort yourself out with the equity if any exists. It's a harsh choice.

Za1ny Sun 02-Apr-17 17:17:40

Yes I need to move out especially for the sake of my children but i won't be able to afford to live that's the only problem. I didn't realise it would be this hard to get back into work. I regret leaving my job.

Za1ny Sun 02-Apr-17 17:19:09

My dad has bad credit that's why he is finding it hard to get a mortgage. I was only 21 when I purchased the house so I didn't think of the future and had no idea I would be in this mess

He also promised to transfer the house after a year

He lied

palebluesky Sun 02-Apr-17 17:19:32

That's tricky.

I think then your parents need to accept you moving back in given that it's due to this you aren't able to move out.

Ellapaella Sun 02-Apr-17 17:22:52

So if your parents pay the mortgage you don't have to worry about that, is there any reason why your partner won't have to pay maintenance to you if you split up? He still has to pay towards the children's upkeep whether he lives with them or not!
Eventually you will be able to find a part time job and you would have tax credits to top up your salary and presumably you are getting child benefit?

TwentyCups Sun 02-Apr-17 17:23:05

I would evict your parents and move into the house you own if they won't let you move in with them tbh - the house is yours.

You can't stay living with your ex - and it sounds like he is your ex. You've said living with him is a nightmare and you hate each other. You can't live like that! I think you need to tell your parents that you are separating. There's three options here: you all live together in the house, they buy the house, or they leave the house so you can live in it or sell it.

Good luck.

happypoobum Sun 02-Apr-17 17:27:46

I would sell your house and leave him.

Dozer Sun 02-Apr-17 17:28:21

If the house is in your name, doesn't that make you the owner?! You need legal advice on that IMO.

With respect to the relationship, planning to leave - sooner rather than later - seems sensible.

Dozer Sun 02-Apr-17 17:29:07

Could you not just boot him out and continue living in the house? Claim maintenance.

Allthebestnamesareused Sun 02-Apr-17 17:29:26

Be careful when you sell the house to them as there may well be a CGT or CTT liability (tax) which you will be liable for not them! You are in more need than them now. If it cannot be sorted they will either have to sell up and rent or support you financially.

Za1ny Sun 02-Apr-17 17:30:51

I've told my parents I am separating so they have taken steps to get the house off my name but it's not as straight forward as we thought it would be. They live in it with my younger brother and sister.

Yes my partner Will have to pay child maintenance,it still won't be enough to cover the basics though...

I was thinking of staying with him for one year so that I can look for a job and try to save a little bit but I'm finding it so hard to live with him

SuperFlyHigh Sun 02-Apr-17 17:32:29

Dozer I think OP has said she couldn't claim HB etc because she owns another house (where her parents live) and where she is living now with her DP it's probably rented and should couldn't afford rent/HB.

Even if her DP did pay her maintenance I think OP is saying it won't be enough to pay rent and be maintenance (food/bills etc) whilst she is out of work (though she's looking for a job).

Dozer Sun 02-Apr-17 17:33:53

So where you're living now is a rental in joint names? Or his sole name?

Just move into the house you legally own! No such thing as a house being "in your name": the legal and financial issues arise because it's yours!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: