Talk

Advanced search

Shared driveway and neighbours stupid cars

(9 Posts)
Zhan Sun 02-Apr-17 14:52:14

Our shared driveway serves 3 houses. Our house is on the end so we have to drive past the other neighbours "spots" to get to ours.

Neighbour started off with a big saloon car which he used to park too far away from his house so that it was eating into the shared driveway bit - meaning it was often a struggle to get passed.

We didn't say anything obviously.

Then he bought a landrover which is huge and it's arse sticks right into the shared drive - it's a pain to get passed and it has caused me to knock my wing mirror off my focus before as I had to drive so near the bushes that it got caught on a branch!! Fuming. To make it worse, he has to park it so close to his garage door that he can't get IN his garage unless he moves his car right into the shared driveway. This is our only access in and out so when he does this, we end up having to go and find him to let him know we need to get out/in!

Anyway he's now gone and bought a fucking mini van so you can imagine our access is getting smaller and smaller. DH has just bought a landrover (but our driveway, when we can get to it is massive and big enough for 3 cars) but because of this bloke and his minivan it is almost impossible for DH to get the landrover in and out of our driveway.

AIBU to think of your car doesn't fit on your driveway without obstructing other people then either park it somewhere else or get a smaller car??

He's also stuck a big concrete flower pot on the corner of "his patch" which we now have to consider as we're trying to manoeuvre out of the driveway 🙄

NapQueen Sun 02-Apr-17 14:54:26

We are definetly going to need some pictures.

Zhan Sun 02-Apr-17 14:56:00

Yeah I know, it's really hard to explain in order to give people a true picture but now sure I can justify taking pictures of his parking and posting it on the internet 😁 We've not fallen out with him (yet)!

NapQueen Sun 02-Apr-17 14:56:22

Haha ok. Diagram instead?

ChasedByBees Sun 02-Apr-17 15:40:58

I think you need a chat with him about the problems his vehicles are causing. Some people are just thoughtless and don't realise they're causing issues - others just don't care. Let's hope it's the first.

TheMaddHugger Sun 02-Apr-17 16:47:49

was his landrover bigger than yours or just badly parked ?

AnUnhappyStudent Sun 02-Apr-17 17:00:23

We have a similar problem. Shared drive, we live in the end house and our NDN visitors always park obstructing the drive. Even had one complaining when I aked them to move. Delivery vans forever blocking me in and plenty of parking on main road. No advice, sorry, but I feel your pain!

CheeseCrackersAndWine Sun 02-Apr-17 17:22:03

We live in a cul-de-sac with next to no on-street parking (but with plenty parking at the end of the street but clearly people are too lazy to walk 30 seconds down the street!) and have shared access to our drive with our neighbour. They have a massive drive for at least 3 cars, 4 if one was to be blocked in, yet people still continue to park on the shared part either completely blocking access to our drive or making it difficult. I honestly don't know why their visitors think it's ok to park there rather than pull up 10 feet onto their actual driveway! Annoys the crap out of me... I'd suggest talking to him and explaining the problem you are having but if they are like our neighbours it will still happen!

MrsTwix Sun 02-Apr-17 18:29:21

I don't understand why you haven't spoken to them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now