Talk

Advanced search

Holiday-don't want to do anything

(12 Posts)
Ferrisday Sun 02-Apr-17 00:03:07

It's raining, windy and stormy
Not much to do except eat and drink and look at the view.
Supposed to be a beach day today.
Can't get the ferry, ds gets sick when it's too rocky.
Movies?
Travelled half way round the world to go and watch the Smurfs.

Butterymuffin Sun 02-Apr-17 00:22:01

I'd go and see the Smurfs and make the best of a bad job. Where are you?

MrsTerryPratchett Sun 02-Apr-17 00:24:57

Travelled half way round the world to go and watch the Smurfs. I mean if they were actual Smurfs, it would be worth it... Maybe.

Nakedavenger74 Sun 02-Apr-17 00:26:33

Where are you?

LagunaBubbles Sun 02-Apr-17 00:27:14

Where are you? Are there any indoor activities near?

Ferrisday Sun 02-Apr-17 00:37:03

Australia
There's been a cyclone

There's a shopping mall and movies
Small aquarium.

Nakedavenger74 Sun 02-Apr-17 02:36:31

Brisbane? Yeah. No one tells you it's rains a lot in Aussie.

If it's any consolation it should be moving off soon (towards us in NZ). Also it's warm enough and kids don't notice rain and wind so i'd still make it a beach day. The sun is too strong there to enjoy a sunny day on the beach for longer than 30 mins or you'd be burnt to a crisp.

I realise this isn't helpful but throwing caution to the wind (literally) and having fun in the warm rain is your best option!

beingsunny Sun 02-Apr-17 04:56:28

Whereabouts are you?
It's not really cold down in Sydney, occasional shower though.

If you're down here, the aquarium is awesome, there are some great art galleries which are kid friendly, try sky zone, or get your macs on and go to the beach, the kids will swim regardless of the rain grin

Falafelings Sun 02-Apr-17 05:18:43

Are there any cafes which overlook the sea open? Play some games in there?

Tamberlane Sun 02-Apr-17 08:26:46

Brisbane or Sydney?
Im in the northern rivers sonon the qld nsw border and its been a grim week tbh.have been flooded in the last 2 days because the main motorway to sydney is underwater as well as half the local towns.like the wildlife the weather in oz takes things to extremes lol...This is not the sort of weather Id signed up for when I moved to Oz lol! However theres lots of local facebook groups that have all the kids events listed for the area and bits and pieces to advise depending on the city involved! So let us know and we'll see if we can help smile

Tamberlane Sun 02-Apr-17 08:34:52

If your in brisbane see if southbank is open..it should be!the pools there are free and its hot enough to still have a play, the local area does lovely food etc and theres often markets on at the weekend.its still going to be the the mid 20's with bits of showers all week but the showers tend to be short and sweet now we are rid of the cyclone!
I would however stay out of the sea for a few more days at the minute the flood waters have it badly polluted and its full of nasties atm...and a bit sharky! As a daytrip the theme parks down the coast are great as well! If the weathers staying grim Id get the multipass and do all 3.seaworld,wet and wild and movie world. Theres koala santuarys etc to visit near brissy to.

Ferrisday Sun 02-Apr-17 11:46:49

Sydney
A beach day for ds is hours in the surf, sand doesn't really interest him. It was pretty cold and windy today, with torrential rain showers.
Same set for next 2 days.
We're really here visiting mil, she had said she was unwell/tired today, so we planned the beach/city day.
In the end we went to hers for lunch, then the movies, power rangers.
Obviously plenty to do in Sydney, but easiest route is the ferry, which makes ds sick if too choppy. Thundery tomorrow too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now