Talk

Advanced search

To tell you I have just cycled 30k on the Amalfi Coast

(6 Posts)
TheoriginalLEM Sat 01-Apr-17 22:51:27

without leaving my front room!

Loving my turbo trainer! my Dp's road bike? not so much - implement if medieval torture that bike hmm

The only bad bit was not being able to go in all the lovely bars along the way!

Amazing bit of kit!! you download and pay for cycle routes that you follow on a tablet/phone and the turbo trainer adjusts the resistance according to he steepness of the road. How cool is that? The only thing cooler would be a VR headset

LadyMaryofDownt0n Sat 01-Apr-17 22:54:30

Pic of set up needed sounds good apart from the torture bit.

PrincessJasmin Sat 01-Apr-17 23:00:02

How do you not get a sore arse?! I could sit on an exercise bike in front of the tv for ages if my arse didn't seize up at the thought confused

acornsandnuts Sat 01-Apr-17 23:06:16

My DH has this. Trax? I think. He downloaded a horrific to me mountain route and he could hardly turn the pedals. He needed to mop the sweat puddle from the floor when he had finished. I just have a normal TT that I change gear if the video looks like a hill.

TheoriginalLEM Sat 01-Apr-17 23:06:31

oh trust me, it hurts!!! this is something that fits to the back wheel of your bike and applies resistance via an electronic brake thingy. I bought it for Dp's birthday and was jeen to try it out - its very different to cycling outside where going downhill can feel harder than going up. The course took me about one and a half hours to do 30k but I think im quite slow. Apparently i burnt off 500 calories which meant i can feel less guilt about the 500 caloriesblush of crap i consummed today - im on a diet and have a LONG way to go (approx. 5 stone shock).

TheoriginalLEM Sat 01-Apr-17 23:08:21

Yes its the Tacx - i love it probably more than dp does

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now