Talk

Advanced search

To set this car on fire (parking with pics and diagram)

(98 Posts)
BillyButtfuck Sat 01-Apr-17 20:27:37

We have been out all day working, I left at 8 and have just picked my boys up to take them home to bed. We came home at the same time (2 cars) and someone has parked across our drive blocking one of our parking spaces. We've managed to get one car on but sort of in the middle of our two spaces and the other car is a few roads away. I don't mind parking and walking but we pay a lot in rent for a property with a driveway with two spaces. I feel I should be able to use it!!!
I've had a bad day anyway so probably seeing red and over reacting but come on, why do people fucking do this sad

On the photo the red star marks where the dropped kerb to allow access to our driveway begins.
On the diagram the pink cunt is the car. Our houses are link detached. The green is the only bit if verge on the whole road. The rest is all dropped kerb for the parking spaces on people's drives. The verge bit has a proper kerb but is no way long enough to have a car on without blocking either me or ND2.

Rainydayspending Sat 01-Apr-17 20:29:26

But that's only blocking one space isn't it?

Rainydayspending Sat 01-Apr-17 20:29:53

And the one you appear to have got a car in.

00100001 Sat 01-Apr-17 20:30:24

Park them in.

Sod the neighbours for now.
Or get them on side and have them Park them in on their side

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Sat 01-Apr-17 20:30:27

I would have parked a car at each end of his car and blocked him in. .

BillyButtfuck Sat 01-Apr-17 20:31:06

We've only managed to get one car in but not all the way in the space so it's in the middle of both our spaces iyswim.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Sat 01-Apr-17 20:32:04

What an arse. I wouldn't set fire to it but I hope you're going to at the very least put a snotty note on it!

brummiesue Sat 01-Apr-17 20:32:30

Yes but you have 2 cars and 2 spaces! Is there anyway you can block them in?

EyeStye Sat 01-Apr-17 20:32:38

I think the parker thought it was only a space for one car and that was a path

JacquesHammer Sat 01-Apr-17 20:32:49

But that's only blocking one space isn't it?

Does that matter though? Blocking any dropped kerb is a cuntish thing to do!

SmokingBugle Sat 01-Apr-17 20:32:49

Is there anywhere close you've been able to park

I live next to a school and to be honest with you I've only been blocked out a few times- it is frustrating but thank god I've never been blocked in 😊

It looks like they may have done it in error as they've not parked over the whole dropped curb

Andrewofgg Sat 01-Apr-17 20:33:08

Wait till the driver is back in it then set it on fire.

Hercules12 Sat 01-Apr-17 20:33:35

I thought you were allowed to park if no cars on drive.

mrsnoon Sat 01-Apr-17 20:33:43

I haven't even read your post yet but just wanted to say 10/10 for a diagram AND photo. grin

BillyButtfuck Sat 01-Apr-17 20:34:30

Rainy currently DP is parked like this

My neighbours have a visitor that always parks slightly over my drive, despite the fact there's enough space for 2 cars between the dropped curbs. I've never needed to get the car out whilst she's been parked there but I do wonder what goes through her head when she does it? Our house was empty for a few months before we moved in and i wonder if she's just become used to parking there and hasn't noticed the curtains at the windows, car on the drive etc. confused

Jinglebells99 Sat 01-Apr-17 20:35:00

Is one of your spaces not a proper space? Do you park a car on that paved bit and the grass? It must be annoying and the car is over the dropped curb, but maybe they think it's only one doace and you can still access it?

JacquesHammer Sat 01-Apr-17 20:37:03

I thought you were allowed to park if no cars on drive

Who WOULD?! Apart from OP's twat Parker 😂

BillyButtfuck Sat 01-Apr-17 20:37:15

Jingle no, me ND1 & ND2 have gravel driveways with large paving slabs over in rows which are the parking spaces. I just don't get why people do it angry

Jinglebells99 Sat 01-Apr-17 20:37:38

Ah! Seen your later message! So your spaces look like four rows of path?! That is annoying!

Rainydayspending Sat 01-Apr-17 20:37:46

Absolutely it's cuntish.
It does look like a path. But the drop kerb is clear.
Block them in. Roll each car right up to the bumpers (though are they visiting your neighbours?). I think the car on the opposite side could find that akward if it's not an especially wide street.

Euphemia Sat 01-Apr-17 20:39:17

So two rows of paving slabs = a parking space. Looks clear to me.

Cunts. angry

Pseudonym99 Sat 01-Apr-17 20:39:26

Let the tyres down. Less drastic than setting fire to it, but will still piss off the owner.

SmileEachDay Sat 01-Apr-17 20:40:19

how are you doing the neon diagrams OP?

And diagrams that update to further explain!

It's like being at the Christmas Lecutures.

SmileEachDay Sat 01-Apr-17 20:40:35

*Lectures ffs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now