Talk

Advanced search

To cancel going to a party because I've hurt my eye?

(12 Posts)
Allfednonedead Sat 01-Apr-17 18:42:22

The party is to say goodbye to someone who was my boss for four years, whom I like a lot and owe a lot, and is moving away.
It is also a chance to see former colleagues and catch up on industry gossip.
But my 4yo scratched my eye this afternoon and it's agony. It's watering and bloodshot and every few minutes I get a wave of pain that makes me double over.
Should I just take some strong painkillers and go anyway (more than hour's journey away, so no point in dropping in for 15 mins)?

Ginkypig Sat 01-Apr-17 19:13:31

Obviously you cant drive like that so if that's how you were planning on getting there, then you can't.

If the pain is really so bad you are doubled over in pain it might need looked at.

Itaintme Sat 01-Apr-17 19:15:26

I'd go to A&E and forget the party.

Get it checked out properly

InfiniteCurve Sat 01-Apr-17 19:27:21

Yes, go get it checked out - if it's that bad it might need antibiotics to prevent any infection.
Skip the party!

Allfednonedead Sat 01-Apr-17 19:27:55

Thank you. OOH GP said take vast amounts of painkillers and go to eye a&e if it doesn't get better, so I'm staying home but not cancelling the babysitter.

pud1 Sat 01-Apr-17 19:35:52

My dog poked my oh in the eye a few months back. He was in agony. There is an ointment that you can get over the counter (sort can't remember the name but pharmacist will help you). You will also need strong painkillers and a patch may help.
Oh was in agony for about 5 days

Rosieandtim Sat 01-Apr-17 19:42:26

Did the OOH GP look at your eye and stain it? You may need eye casualty. Corneal abrasions are not fun!

flamingoshoes Sat 01-Apr-17 19:58:57

Please get someone to look at it. My then 7 month old got me in the eye and I had an abrasion. It didn't heal properly and I ended up having two years of grief with my eye tearing frequently just when opening my eye in the morning. I ended up having surgery (while awake) to sort it out and have to have eye drops for life. Don't want to scare you but someone needs to examine the eye with dye and if an abrasion follow it up to make sure it heals properly. I was also given antibiotic drops initially to stop infection.

Happyandhungry Sat 01-Apr-17 20:02:43

You must go to A&E NOW. you are risking your sight SERIOUSLY GO.

thewavesofthesea Sat 01-Apr-17 20:02:55

Ow! This happened to me when my youngest was about 4 months old; he scratched my eye and I got a corneal abrasion. I went to the Eye hospital near us and begged for anaesthetic drops! The pain went after around 24 hours though :-)

user1471545174 Sat 01-Apr-17 20:05:53

You can't ignore it OP, please go to A&E.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now