We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to think that nobody's baby is soothed by the stupid tinkly music in baby toys?

(7 Posts)
wrigglytoes Sat 01-Apr-17 18:39:05

That's it really! I have 3 dc, one of which is newborn and I'd forgotten how totally crap the music is in various baby toys/accessories.

None of mine have ever been 'settled' by the tinny sounds played by their cot mobile (which was from mamas & papas so not cheap) or baby bouncer.

What's the point of it, surely in this day and age they could put some actual decent real music in them.

Or is it just my dc that are unappreciative of it?

Tastesjustlikecherrycola85 Sat 01-Apr-17 18:41:05

If anything it made mine more awake as opposed to soothed

Trifleorbust Sat 01-Apr-17 18:41:16

Mine loves hers.

IamChipmunk Sat 01-Apr-17 18:43:52

Mine likes white noise which I can play on an app on my phone but I looked for a comforter/toy for the cot that would play white noise and couldn't find one...
Just the music ones.
Yanbu

NoArmaniNoPunani Sat 01-Apr-17 18:46:06

YANBU. DS preferred Eminem

purpleporpoise Sat 01-Apr-17 18:46:28

The tomy light show is a hit here. It's a star shaped projector thing that plays fucking awful tinny music and dc loves it!

Skisunsnow Sat 01-Apr-17 18:51:50

99% of baby musical toys I would definitely agree sound dreadful and am glad when the batteries run out! This mobile on the other hand actually plays some quite ok music and many times when the DC were tiny I've found myself nodding off to it whilst settling them!
https://www.tesco.com/direct/fisher-price-precious-planets-2-in-1-projection-mobile/207-6002.prd?source=others

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now