Talk

Advanced search

To hate how everyone has to film everything just for a few Facebook 'likes'

(14 Posts)
ElectricMelon Sat 01-Apr-17 17:23:23

My brother is schizophrenic and having a relapse triggered by losing our mum.

No one can help us as he won't accept the help but is not quite bad enough to be sectioned and they apparently are reluctant to do so anymore any way. We spent all day yesterday looking for him. We went to the GP who was useless and we phoned the police who couldn't help. We rang an ambulance once he came home and they managed to convince him to go with them to be assessed. Sent someone out today but he refused help so we are stuck with him until he deteriorates and probably harms himself. He has been sectioned in tha past and has been diagnosed for about 12 years but still no one can help us because he's an adult.

Anyway yesterday he was wandering around the town centre dancing to his music and talking about how he is the saviour and how he saved the queen. We tried to get him to come home but he kept running away from us and no one wanted to help us.

Today videos have been sent to me from people posting them on Facebook having a good laugh at his expense. One of which is a hairdressers in my town centre.

What sort of world do we live in when the first thing people do when they someone who is clearly not well we get their phones out and film them for a few 'likes' on social media?

I hope those people never have a family member suffer from mental illness and have people ridiculing them for a bit of attention.

witchofzog Sat 01-Apr-17 18:14:14

Fucking disgusting. I am furious for you. How the hell would they like it if that were there brother, father, sister etc. What are you going to do? Your poor brother does not deserve to be ridiculed. Cunts

WorraLiberty Sat 01-Apr-17 18:16:08

How are they managing to send the videos to you?

Are these people your FB friends?

PortiaCastis Sat 01-Apr-17 18:17:07

Disgusting people have no shame or scruples.
I hate facebrag

BigBrownSofa123 Sat 01-Apr-17 18:19:25

angry that's awful op, I'd be really angry too.
It's turning in to a strange old world. Have you managed to get him home safely yet?

LouKout Sat 01-Apr-17 18:19:42

I assume her friends are telling her about it?

So shocking sad

GeillisTheWitch Sat 01-Apr-17 18:23:16

I'd name and shame the hairdressers publicly on your local town pages, make sure everyone knows they found it acceptable to use their business page to mock an ill and vulnerable person.

UnbornMortificado Sat 01-Apr-17 18:28:56

That's horrendous, I'm so sorry. My DH has schizophrenia it's an incredibly hard to manage condition flowers

maybeshesawomble Sat 01-Apr-17 18:32:36

Disgraceful and easy to eee how this could get back to OP.

Very sorry to hear you're going through this. What a world we live in sad

MrsTwix Sat 01-Apr-17 18:38:45

flowers

Dreadful of them.

Patriciathestripper1 Sat 01-Apr-17 18:43:24

I really feel for him and you flowers hope he is ok,

BellonaBelladonna Sat 01-Apr-17 18:45:56

Yuck. Totally agree.
I hope he gets the help he needs flowers

Slowtrain2dawn Sat 01-Apr-17 18:54:19

That's disgusting, individuals and the business concerned should be informed that what they have done is unacceptable ( ridiculous that they don't already bloody know this of course) and asked to take down the posts immediately.
You're probably already aware but MIND website has some good advice and a legal helpline no for getting advice on how to access the correct mental health support.

emmyrose2000 Sun 02-Apr-17 02:33:40

Shame on that hairdresser! I wouldn't keep quiet about that. Disgusting individual - s/he deserves to lose business over that. Ditto anyone else offering a service in your area and trying to get a laugh at your brother's expense.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: