Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think Theresa May should put a restraining order on Nicola Sturgeon?

(201 Posts)
Stanleysmum01 Fri 31-Mar-17 20:41:31

Ok this is meant to be a lighthearted from the start in no way am I belittling what is happening, but if I was Theresa May I would be getting pissed off with her bothering me every five minutes, meetings, letters etc. Yes we are all aware that when Scotland voted they did not know we were going to be voting out of the EU and yes they probably should have another vote on it when and I mean when the details have been finalised so you can make an informed decision, yes thats sensible. But she's like a dog with a bone, going on and on and on. Theresa May like her or loathe her has a very difficult job to do, nobody else has really put their head above the parapet to sort it and she needs time to get on with it. So sorry Nicola stop going all Braveheart on her ass and do one ffs you're not helping or is that the intention. If so here's a restraining order.

<putting glass of red wine down and stepping away, quietly>

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 31-Mar-17 20:42:44

YABU. If you don't agree with doing things democratically, go and live in North Korea.

ChasedByBees Fri 31-Mar-17 20:44:00

That's democracy.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Fri 31-Mar-17 20:44:18

Yanbu. It'll happen, but I agree with TM that now isn't the time.

Broccolirevolution Fri 31-Mar-17 20:44:31

YABU. People are allowed different opinions to yours and May's.

neonrainbow Fri 31-Mar-17 20:44:45

Good. It's nice to see a politician not just quietly going away when things don't go their way. The tories should be held to account.

MidnightAura Fri 31-Mar-17 20:44:58

I wish she would lock her in a cupboard and "misplace" the key.

That's me being kind.

I'm Scottish.

Lochan Fri 31-Mar-17 20:45:22

"Nobody else had put their head above the parapet"

Erm, who do you think should sort out Brexit other than the Prime Minister? confused

She didn't volunteer out if the goodness of her heart. She knew what she was taking on when she should as leader.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 31-Mar-17 20:46:02

I agree with TM that now isn't the time

And Sturgeon agrees with that too confused

HirplesWithHaggis Fri 31-Mar-17 20:46:17

Yabu. At least Nicola had the decency to tell Theresa we want Scotref, TM didn't extend that courtesy to the rest of the UK when she announced Art 50.

And what ItsAll said about democracy. It may be resoundingly tedious to you, it's vitally important to some of the rest of us.

LagunaBubbles Fri 31-Mar-17 20:47:21

Yabu. Nicolas party the SNP ha e been democratically elected to the Scottish Parliament, they have a mandate for i dependence so it really shouldn't cone as any great surprise this is what they want. She's not going to "Do one". hmm

LouKout Fri 31-Mar-17 20:49:20

" going all braveheart on her ass"

hmm

Rhumba Fri 31-Mar-17 20:50:06

Hirples. WE DONT WANT INDEPENDENCE/Scotref! SNP lost that one, get over it!

LouKout Fri 31-Mar-17 20:50:47

Some people do want it. Quite a lot of people

MinniesAndMickeysNeedCounting Fri 31-Mar-17 20:56:16

itsallgoing

Didn't the country vote democratically to leave the EU

LastnightaDJ Fri 31-Mar-17 20:59:40

Your OP is a very good summary of why so many want independence. Sorry, we won't just go away. Tough.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 31-Mar-17 21:00:52

Didn't the country vote democratically to leave the EU

The UK as a whole did, not all the constituent nations did.

Leaving Brexit aside, countries have a right to self - determination. It is wrong to deny Scotland a referendum when the Scottish Government (who were voted for by the people of Scotland) have voted to have one.

Sinuhe Fri 31-Mar-17 21:01:41

We all know what happened to Mary, Queen of Scott's ... I think Nicola needs to practice patience or her head will roll!
(Shhhh! Theresa has already cornered off a cell in the Tower!)
It be wise for her to have a Scottish referendum about when to hold the independence referendum- before or after Brexit & hope common sense will prevail.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 31-Mar-17 21:03:52

It be wise for her to have a Scottish referendum about when to hold the independence referendum- before or after Brexit & hope common sense will prevail

So you think there should be two referendums?

Most people who want a referendum want it after the terms have been agreed, but while we are still in the EU. Which is coincidentally when Sturgeon has asked for.

VeryButchyRestingFace Fri 31-Mar-17 21:04:08

The more pish like this I read, OP, the more I pray for independence. smile

HirplesWithHaggis Fri 31-Mar-17 21:05:07

Ha ha ha, Rhumba, I'm assuming that's a joke. grin Latest polling says we do - and we are, anyway.

yestheyhavethesamedad Fri 31-Mar-17 21:05:10

I voted no to independence first time round , this time I would vote yes, and the timeline that Nicola sturgeon has given means that the details of brexit will be known , TM is using the argument that people would be voted for the unknown, eh that's what brexit it so yabu

JaneEyre70 Fri 31-Mar-17 21:06:29

Couldn't agree more, I have to mute the TV if she appears. Her voice just gives me this inexplicable rage. You had the vote, lost it. FFS move on.

Jazzywazzydodah Fri 31-Mar-17 21:09:14

The majority didn't want independence
The majority didn't want to stay in the EU

winging and whining when your in the minority and haven't got your own way is childish.

Stop saying 'it's democracy' when 'democracy' has already happened.

LuluJakey1 Fri 31-Mar-17 21:09:38

The more I hear Sturgeon and the Scottish Nationalists, the more I hope they get their wish then we can stop listening to it and won't have to pay for Scotland anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now