Talk

Advanced search

Sk:n laser hair removal, has it worked for you?

(9 Posts)
Calvinlookingforhobbs Fri 31-Mar-17 19:19:37

It's very expensive and I'm wondering if it works please?

ShakeyEars Fri 31-Mar-17 19:21:35

It made it worse for me, but I have pcos so never ending battle with the hair and I knew there was a chance it wouldn't be that successful because of the pcos

Blanca87 Fri 31-Mar-17 19:29:16

Yes! I've had two sessions under my arms and most of the hair has not returned! I'm going to do one more sesh just eradicate every last one! I'm then going to get my bikini line done. It does workers better on dark hair, or so I'm told. Price will vary depending where you live but under arm here is £23 per treatment.

honeylulu Fri 31-Mar-17 19:33:59

I've had laser on my lower legs, bikini, perianal, and armpits. Six sessions with Groupon. Barely anything grows back now. I just go over it with a waxing strip once a month to catch a few cheeky stragglers. Wish I'd done it years ago.
I'm fair skinned with dark hair which I'm told is the best combo.

Alleris Fri 31-Mar-17 19:35:46

I've had all mine done, bikini, underarms and legs. Legs & bikini took a fair while to go completely because you can only do it every 6 weeks (with the hair growth cycle) but I'm perfect now. My legs are as silky smooth upwards as downwards! It's such a blessing never ever having to think about sorting yourself out. totally don't have a best mate who's a beauty therapist

Pigface1 Fri 31-Mar-17 19:37:03

Did you guys who are pleased with the results go with sk:n?

Flowersandjellybeans Fri 31-Mar-17 19:37:33

I had it done on my bikini line and armpits, about 7 years ago via groupon so only paid £200 for six sessions on each.

Basically my armpit hair has definitely grown back but on my bikini line it's never grown back the same way, I do get some hairs but it's more like leg hair now, not like curly pubes growing past the knicker line. Sorry if tmi

I'm getting married later this year but once we've stopped saving for that I'm definitely investing in more treatments.

The main disadvantage is that you have to shave, I found that horrendous so basically had to leave it for the 6 - 8 weeks between treatments then shave the morning of each appointment

Newtssuitcase Fri 31-Mar-17 19:45:12

Ive I had 8 sessions of full body (full legs, bikini and underneath, underarms). The hair came back within a few months of stopping the treatments but is reduced from what it was. Underarms haven't worked very well but legs are about half of what they were and bikini is about 2/3 reduced and underneath (lady bits) probably about a half reduced.

Ive had 11 sessions now on my face and neck and that isn't gone. Its reduced but face is a four weekly cycle and by week three I have hairs there again. You have to shave in between since you are not allowed to pluck whilst having laser.

All with sk:n

I'm early 40s with dark hair and olive skin. it works best on a pale skin/dark hair combo.

MulderitsmeX Fri 31-Mar-17 20:04:22

Changed my LIFE! I went to destination skin, the one at oxford circus, bikini ans underarms, when im done with being pg im going to do legs too. Works best on white skin and dark hair. Paid 350 for 6 sessions of bikini /250 for underarms

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now