Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ugh. Do people actually admit this to their kids?

(2 Posts)
Dumbo412 Fri 31-Mar-17 18:13:24

My dad wasn't there when I was growing up.
My mum was a she devil, so not all his fault.
He went to live in Holland.
We now have a relationship. He often tells me "well if it wasn't for my health I'd have never come back"

It makes me feel like shit and I'm fed up of hearing it.

Who the fuck tells their child this every few months?

I usually just gloss over it. I've pointed out once that I view it as him saying he never would have known me then. He still continues to say it.

I made an excuse to get off the phone, and I'm not sure I want to put myself in the situation where I allow him to tell me how little having a relationship with me meant to him, because he would never have come back! Not even for me!

He told me his boss in Holland offered to help him set up a life so I could go and live there with him. A child who was brought up in a chaotic,neglectful and abusive house, I was bullied at school because of this, and he never took the opportunity that would have made my life so different. I might have had a better childhood.

Is he being U to tell me these things?

I do have emotional issues so it could be me.

DixieNormas Fri 31-Mar-17 18:21:21

No he is unreasonable, he sounds like a crap selfish person. Is having contact with him worth it if he's only going to cause you upset. You are the only person who can decide that but I don't think anyone would blame you if you decided not to bother with him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now