Talk

Advanced search

Job application - still waiting to hear back.

(4 Posts)
PamplemousseRouge Fri 31-Mar-17 17:54:40

Hi everyone smile

I know I'm being silly and unreasonable - just looking for a bit of reassurance really, please or someone telling me to get a life/grow a pair, this being AIBU after all wink

I applied for an internship abroad a couple of Mondays ago (applied with a cover letter and CV).

My application was acknowledged the next day, when I was also sent a couple of tasks to complete (I was sent the tasks on a Tuesday and given until Friday morning to complete them).

It's now been a week since I've sent the completed tasks back, and I haven't heard anything back since from the company. I know the company must be very busy, but AIBU to be worried about the application outcome because of not hearing from them for a while?

Thanks everyone.

PamplemousseRouge Fri 31-Mar-17 18:04:58

Bumping smile

CurlsLDN Fri 31-Mar-17 18:05:42

I would imagine that internships abroad would be highly sought after, so assuming they had quite a few applications, the hiring manager will have to work through and 'mark' all those tasks as well as completing their usual work. So I'm not surprised it might take a while!

TomaytoTomahto Fri 31-Mar-17 18:10:10

There are probably going to be multiple applicants, and they're waiting for everyone's applications/tasks to get in before making a decision. Also depending on the type of work, they might have to do verification checks etc on all shortlisted candidates. Plenty of possible reasons for the wait; nothing to worry about IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now