Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want to pass off & leave them all to it :(

(6 Posts)
4foxsake Fri 31-Mar-17 16:55:46

Ok, so I know IB a bit U but I'm really fed & just fancied a moan sad.

Ok, let's start with DH. DH & I both work full time and have a reasonably equal split of household chores & childcare. Problem is, as soon as the DC are in bed he disappears off into the playroom/office to play on his fucking PlayStation. Every. Single. Night. angry. I can't remember the last time we were actually in the same room together of an evening or had a conversation that wasn't just a simple exchange of information about the DC or the house. I do love him dearly but I'm starting to feel we're more like housemates who just happen to co-parent than an actual married couple.

DD1 (9yo), has either hit her teenage years early or regressed into a terrible 2yo again (or more likely a mixture of the two). She's moody, snappy, aggressive, whiny and just generally has a pretty piss poor attitude. She has the most spectacular toddleresque meltdowns when she can't get her own way (crying, screaming, locking herself in bathroom etc) and everything is just 'not fair!' with her at the moment.

DD2 (6yo), is pushing every boundary she possibly can. She just ignores everything you tell her or ask her to do until you're repeating yourself 10-12 times just to get her to clean her fucking teeth. She refuses to take no for an answer and will just keep on nagging and nagging and doing whatever she wants to do until I completely lose my shit with her. I've tried removing privileges (TV time, no skating, grounding etc), removing favourite toys, naughty step, confining to room - nothing seems to have an impact on her behaviour sad.

On top of all that, the DDs are just complete arseholes to each other. They can't be in the same room for more than 5 minutes without World War III erupting and they start arguing, shouting screaming and hitting each other. I'm sick and tired of hearing "Muuuuuuuuum DD1 did this", "Muuuuuuuuum DD2's hitting me" angry

I love them all with all my heart but Christ on a bike it's bloody hard work living with them at the moment. I just feel like buggering off and leaving them all to it angry

4foxsake Fri 31-Mar-17 16:58:27

Sorry - title should read piss off, not pass off blush. Bloody autocorrect grin

Chloe84 Fri 31-Mar-17 18:41:37

Have you spoken to DH about the gaming?

It's great that you have an equal split of chores and a shame that you can't enjoy your evenings together when the kids are in bed.

What do you do when he is gaming? Could you come to a compromise with him?

4foxsake Fri 31-Mar-17 20:04:33

I usually just end up watching crap TV or reading when he's gaming Chloe. There are loads of things we both want to watch taking up space on our DVR but I don't really want to watch them without him. Part of the fun of watching things together is that we can talk about it afterwards.

I have brought up his gaming a couple of times and he does make an effort for a couple of weeks (spending maybe 2-3 nights a week with me) but then he gradually starts spending more and more time gaming until he's back doing it 7 nights a week again. He says he's not really in the mood for watching tv and I feel that if I force the point he's just doing it under duress which then makes me miserable cos I'm making him do something he doesn't want to do sad

altiara Fri 31-Mar-17 20:42:37

Where are you pissing off to? I'll come. Except I'm too tired. Prefer the pass out suggestion.

foxyloxy78 Fri 31-Mar-17 21:50:44

PlayStation should be banned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now