Talk

Advanced search

Doctor's surgery's, drink awareness cartoons and large purple dildos

(9 Posts)
BenLinusatemyhomework Thu 30-Mar-17 22:11:29

I was in the doctors surgery this afternoon with two of my DS's and on the screen was a info-animation called Brenda's Poisonous Pastime. It's a cartoon about women drinking too much - half way through Brenda is going to a lingerie party at her friend Hilary's house whereby they all have a laugh at "the naughty nicknacks" and one of them thumps the other over the head with a big, purple, knobbly dildo. My seven year old, who is already quite perplexed by the cartoon, pipes up " Mum?! Did she just hit her with a purple willy thing?".

Now, I don't know how the rest of you would feel, but aibu to not want to have to "explain" dildos to my children whilst waiting to see the doc (I said it was a tickle stick, he said it "looked like a willy, silly". "I said "doesit?!Ooohareyoulookingforwardtotheeasteregghuntatschooltomorrowthen").

Sweet baby Moses! What are they trying to do to me?!

And it didn't feckin work cos I needed one helluva drink after that brush with social doomfuckery

https://youtu.be/Z0ASTxrSskA

TheTurdMilliner Thu 30-Mar-17 22:17:05

I am honestly speechless. In the doctor's waiting room? Totally inappropriate and I'd be having words with the practice manager.

Wow. Just wow.confused

ThePiglet59 Thu 30-Mar-17 22:19:39

Just tell them that it was a cosh.
It does seem an odd thing to show in a surgery.

BikeRunSki Thu 30-Mar-17 22:23:05

Blimey. You only get Radio 2 at our doctors. I would definitely mention this to the practice manger. I bet they bought a DVD called "Public Health Promos" or something and havn't even watched it!

olderthanyouthink Thu 30-Mar-17 22:35:08

That is amusing (in a it's ridiculous way) but totally inappropriate and i'm surprised it came from the NHS and was shown in public.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 30-Mar-17 22:38:31

I also bet they didn't watch beyond the first few secs and thought it looked like a kids cartoon...

Jakadaal Thu 30-Mar-17 22:51:39

Tell the practice manager they try won't know what the content of the video is. Quite often they are just part of packages, usually public health based, that are supplied to practices.
I have seen the video before and tbh the adult content could easily be lost in the cartoon caricatures of the overall video

AccioMerlot Thu 30-Mar-17 22:58:28

I haven't got sound on this, but I'd quite like to be friends with brenda...

icebearforpresident Thu 30-Mar-17 23:28:25

😂 All you get at my gp surgery is stock photos with messages about getting a flu jag. All year round. Even when they arent giving out flu jags anymore.

I wonder why at the planning meeting,or whatever they do for these things, they landed on Brenda going to a naughty lingerie party. The obvious situation would be a girls night but no,they went a few steps further.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now