Talk

Advanced search

Would this annoy you irrationally?

(43 Posts)
Supermagicsmile Thu 30-Mar-17 19:10:35

We have one bathroom upstairs. It is used by the whole family so I have a basket with the kids items in it (baby wipes, nappy bags etc) in a little basket so I can grab them easily when needed.
Do insists on 'hiding' these in the bedroom every single weekday incase anyone 'pops over' as they might see them. hmm

It's a family bathroom! It's nothing dirty or used , all clean stuff in a basket!

AIBU to be annoyed by this? This is every single day and most evenings I have to hunt around for the basket and it's not there when I need it.

Supermagicsmile Thu 30-Mar-17 19:11:02

DP* not do

DontTouchTheMoustache Thu 30-Mar-17 19:12:33

Your dp would be horrified by my home

Maryhadalittlelambstew Thu 30-Mar-17 19:13:37

Hmm its annoying and weird but I wouldn't get your knickers in a twist about it.

Have you told him it annoys you?

NeedsAsockamnesty Thu 30-Mar-17 19:17:21

It would

NoFuckingRoomOnMyBroom Thu 30-Mar-17 19:17:57

Yes that would piss me off.

StillDrivingMeBonkers Thu 30-Mar-17 19:19:29

Who does your DP know, who might be mortally offended by wet wipes?

kurlique Thu 30-Mar-17 19:19:43

Good grief your DP needs to get a grip! A practical solution might be to find a basket with a hinged lid... then no-one can see what is in it... and use the other one to lob at DP for being ridiculous. Oh and I would definitely have a policy of deliberately leaving "embarrassing" things out on show elsewhere in the bathroom... I might even purchase props... but I am a little evil😈

PaperdollCartoon Thu 30-Mar-17 19:20:34

Bless him. Don't let him come to my house where there's box of tampons just out by the loo at the moment.

Allthebestnamesareused Thu 30-Mar-17 19:20:46

Does he hide the toilet roll too? confused

gamerchick Thu 30-Mar-17 19:21:55

I really like the prop idea grin

coffeetasteslikeshit Thu 30-Mar-17 19:22:19

That's a bit of a strange thing to do imo and yes, it would annoy the shit of of me.

Allthebestnamesareused Thu 30-Mar-17 19:22:23

By the way being annoyed about this is not "irrational" at all.

purplecoathanger Thu 30-Mar-17 19:24:25

That's just plain weird. Does he poo and wee like the rest of us?

grannytomine Thu 30-Mar-17 19:25:04

Who does your DP know, who might be mortally offended by wet wipes?

Exactly, is he generally a bit odd?

smallchanceofrain Thu 30-Mar-17 19:28:19

This would annoy me. Is your OH a bit of a neat freak OP? I like kurlique's idea. You could have fun making the bathroom as embarrassing as possible....he could have looking for places to hide all the embarrassing things.... then you could have fun finding them again!

NavyandWhite Thu 30-Mar-17 19:31:26

That would drive me potty!

CurlyBlueberry Thu 30-Mar-17 19:32:37

This would give me the absolute rage so yanbu.

RebelRogue Thu 30-Mar-17 19:46:23

It would drive me nuts. I've been known to throw temper tantrums before and stamp my feet shouting "stop touching my things" before. gringrin

Supermagicsmile Thu 30-Mar-17 19:52:04

I am going to leave a pack of sanitary pads out tomorrow.

Sometimes DP used to move the toothbrushes out too but I am said that was ridiculous and they're remained since. hmm no luck on the rest of it though!

ShowMePotatoSalad Thu 30-Mar-17 19:53:35

Placemarks for when someone suggest OP's DP has an undiagnosed personality disorder. You just know it's coming.

highinthesky Thu 30-Mar-17 19:56:43

Methinks that DP may never have changed a nappy grin

highinthesky Thu 30-Mar-17 19:57:28

Toothbrushes I can understand, for reasons of hygiene.

ShowMePotatoSalad Thu 30-Mar-17 19:57:53

What makes you think that high?

WinkyisbackontheButterBeer Thu 30-Mar-17 20:04:24

That would drive me batty.
I have little baby changing kits in bags and baskets all over the house to stop dh from taking things from the main change bag and so that they are to hand.
One in the living room, bedroom and bathroom. I was rather pleased with myself when I came up with the idea and friends have started copying the idea.
He would hate me!

--Also have tampons and towels out and cats litter tray in bathroom--blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now