Talk

Advanced search

Is wearing nightwear as a fashion item 'a thing'?

(14 Posts)
Changesorter Thu 30-Mar-17 14:45:24

A few weeks ago a lady in the bank was clearly wearing a 3/4 length dressing gown over jeans..full make up hair etc. Not like she was just not dressed.

Then about a week ago I saw another woman similarly attired.

Then yesterday a young woman in fluffy mule slippers casual as you like in the co-op!

I must stress these people are dressed, not just out in what they slept in.
Am I missing something?

ThePiglet59 Thu 30-Mar-17 14:49:50

Can't be any worse than jeans with great chunks torn out of them.
What the Hell is that all about?

Eminybob Thu 30-Mar-17 14:51:28

Are you sure it was a dressing gown and not a fluffy belted cardigan thing. I've seen some of those that look like dressing gowns.

Can't account for the fluffy slippers though.

winekeepsmesane Thu 30-Mar-17 14:53:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kenworthington Thu 30-Mar-17 15:10:48

I've got fluffy mule sliders. They look just like slippers but are, in fact, sandals. They are Prob them. Maybe it was even me!

Huldra Thu 30-Mar-17 15:42:57

Yes, there are lots of shirts and trousers that are based around pj's at the moment.
The dressing gown, could it have been a kimono or cardigan?

Are we going to get arguments in Waitrose this year.
Store Manager: You will have to leave Madam, we can simply not allow PJ wearing women in this store. This isn't ASDA!
Woman: but daaarling, this is a PRADA blouse and Jimmy Choo flip flops!!

Huldra Thu 30-Mar-17 15:50:33

www.schuh.co.uk/productReview.aspx?icode=1739027060
For the times your feet are hot and cold at the same time. I'm a litthe tempted by the grey ones.

Goldfishjane Thu 30-Mar-17 15:54:19

OP I have wondered this too. i asked my sister - much more fashionable than I am - and she glared at me and said that the "going out" sets were "obviously" different than PJs. I am not seeing a difference. They look like posh PJs.

Also, I've seen a lot of women wearing coats/coatigans/notsure with a loose flowing fabric, down to their ankles - and floating out behind them on the Tube escalator just like a floaty dressing gown. If it was more of a heavy fabric and hung straight, I would understand it more, but while dragging a wheely bag it often looks like an accident waiting to happen.

meshletterholder Thu 30-Mar-17 15:55:17

i think the fluffy slipper mules are based on a givenchy/prada/versace/moschino sandal or some other rich people designer. i've seen photos of the kardashians with them on.

AprilLudgate30 Thu 30-Mar-17 16:08:56

Yep, not dressing gowns but jackets apparently! Lots on Asos like this one - m.asos.com/pullbear/pullbear-satin-embroidered-longline-kimono/prd/7536956?iid=7536956&clr=Black&SearchQuery=Kimono&pgesize=50&pge=0&totalstyles=343&gridsize=2&gridrow=8&gridcolumn=1

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Thu 30-Mar-17 16:15:02

I wear torn jeans.

They're old. And comfy. I like them a lot.

Goldfishjane Thu 30-Mar-17 16:17:54

ah, April, that's not too bad - Im seeing ankle length stuff that's flying out behind the wearer and on the escalator it seems a bit of a risky choice!

that said, with nice weather, the ankle length ones might go away?

WindwardCircle Thu 30-Mar-17 16:26:14

I saw a blouse on a website which was described as 'pyjama style' and it absolutely was. Iirc it was chocolate brown satin with pink piping and buttons, and it had that pyjama lapel/collar thing going on. It was basically a shiny pyjama top, but being marketed as a blouse confused.

Changesorter Fri 31-Mar-17 12:01:18

The first dressing gown was kind of fluffy. Like a dressing gown. Belted. Neon orange!
The second was white..and made of hoody type thickness. Belted hoody I guess!

Strange

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now