Talk

Advanced search

Workmen have trampled over my plants AIBU?

(6 Posts)
user1490817986 Wed 29-Mar-17 21:10:56

I live in a council property and the council have employed private contractors to erect fences in all the gardens on my street. They are still finishing off the work and just noticed that they have trampled over 2 of my rose bushes, 2 of my lovely lily plants and a beautiful fuschia. About 40-50 quids worth of plants.

Do you think I should ring the company up tomorrow and ask for compensation to replace them? I'm so gutted, I was looking forward to seeing them bloom nicely this year since they've been in the ground over a year now.

littlefrog3 Wed 29-Mar-17 21:13:55

Not sure what your chances are of recompense, but it wouldn't hurt to tell the council. They may contact the contractors and ask them to replace your plants.

ChasedByBees Wed 29-Mar-17 21:13:57

I would.

RandomMess Wed 29-Mar-17 21:16:31

Yes tell the contractors and council verbally and follow it up in writing via email with photos of trampled plants. You should be compensated for it, certainly worth your time pursuing it!

highinthesky Wed 29-Mar-17 21:20:39

I'd be gutted too. For me its not the cost but the disrespect for a living thing.

I had a similar conversation with a postman who decided to trample all over my tiny patch outside my front window, just as everything was about to burst into bloom. The stupid idiot asked me "what would you say if a cat did it?".

He actually compared his cognitive ability to that of a cat! confused

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Wed 29-Mar-17 21:22:01

Kill and bury in the borders. Hate tramplers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now