Talk

Advanced search

Sleeping in gym gear to get an extra lie in?

(28 Posts)
Shlobber Wed 29-Mar-17 17:40:17

AIBU to be eeeeeewwww about this?

www.instagram.com/p/BSNoaOmgzon/?taken-by=kittykatroele

RhiWrites Wed 29-Mar-17 17:41:50

Yes. It's genius.

sonyaya Wed 29-Mar-17 17:42:26

Why? It sounds like she is sleeping in clean gym wear so she can just hop out of bed to the gym in the morning, rather than sleeping in her own sweat.

HarperValleyHypocrite Wed 29-Mar-17 17:44:26

This woman is a frigging genius grin

Bubbinsmakesthree Wed 29-Mar-17 17:44:54

I used to do this sometimes when I was marathon training in winter and needed to ensure I actually did my run - put my base running gear on before bed, trainers /extra layers next to the bed. I don't really see what is ewww about it - everything was clean on at night and straight into wash after the run.

MrsTwix Wed 29-Mar-17 17:51:57

YABU she is going to shower and change after the gym session.

Wigbert Wed 29-Mar-17 17:52:25

Fucking genius. I might try it.

Joolsy Wed 29-Mar-17 17:58:20

I sometimes wear the same tshirt I've slept in to go for a run the following morning. I really begrudge wearing a clean top when I'm going to get all sweaty and chuck it straight in the wash anyway!

bignamechangeroonie Wed 29-Mar-17 17:59:39

It's the same as wearing clean pyjamas

Acornantics Wed 29-Mar-17 18:00:27

I once slept in gym gear for a 5.30am class the next day, but kept waking up as I was so bloomin hot! Didn't work for me, but yep, it's a genius move smile

NotJanine Wed 29-Mar-17 18:00:28

sleeping in a sports bra sounds uncomfortable. How long does it take to put the gear on - couple of minutes? It doesn't really give a lie in.

Gallavich Wed 29-Mar-17 18:03:15

How much time is she saving? Takes all of 3 minutes to take pyjamas off and put clothes on. Pointless.

Shlobber Wed 29-Mar-17 18:04:03

I'd find it very uncomfortable and restrictive, plus it's not very airy is it? How does your body and skin breathe in it?

irregularegular Wed 29-Mar-17 18:05:36

If you put your gear out the night before surely it takes less than 2 mins to get changed? I'd rather lose 2 mins in bed than be too hot and uncomfortable to sleep (and feel a bit yuck)

ethelfleda Wed 29-Mar-17 18:07:00

That's a genius idea

WhooooAmI24601 Wed 29-Mar-17 18:08:13

Madness. I sweat loads through the night, even more at the gym. By the end of the session I'd be a pigdog and probably get asked to leave the gym permanently.

ForalltheSaints Wed 29-Mar-17 18:10:08

Better than taking your children to school in your pyjamas!

Bubbinsmakesthree Wed 29-Mar-17 18:10:48

Sportswear is very breathable, that's what it is designed for!

My sports bras aren't uncomfortable (small boobs though). I just used to wear a base layer and shorts instead of my PJs then put a warm layer on over the top before heading out. Not really time saving so much as the psychology of being 'commited' to the run - it would have felt really defeatest to take my sportswear off unworn. I never ducked out of an early morning run if I was already wearing my kit.

Shlobber Wed 29-Mar-17 18:14:44

Cotton pyjamas are much more efficient for vagina airing than a pair of tight and synthetic gym leggings!

robinia Wed 29-Mar-17 18:34:17

I agree Shlobber. At night everything should be airing.
Anyway - just go to bed 3 minutes earlier and wake up 3 minutes earlier.

museumum Wed 29-Mar-17 18:36:35

I've done it when really struggling with running mojo.
I find it impossible to skive a run if I'm already in kit.

bignamechangeroonie Wed 29-Mar-17 18:42:57

It's not a physical thing, everyone has 3 minutes. It's a mental thing, you're prepared, you're up and ready to run.

SomewhatIdiosyncratic Wed 29-Mar-17 18:43:47

I've done it when I've planned an early run. It mentally commits me to doing it, and as a faffer, saves about 15 previous minutes in the morning when I'm dopey and forgetful. All I need to do is have a drink and put on things like the trainers waistbelt and earphones and I'm out of the house quietly 10 minutes after my alarm woke me which minimises waking small people up and activating their demands for breakfast.

The clothes are all clean. It's not any hotter or sweatier than pyjamas, and they'll get sweaty and muddy and I'll have a shower in the end anyway.

Scribblegirl Wed 29-Mar-17 18:44:31

What bigname says. If I'm dressed for a run I run.

Probably wouldn't if I were going to the gym - wouldn't want to smell 'sleepy' to the poor sod next to me. A run though, absolutely!

bignamechangeroonie Wed 29-Mar-17 18:47:53

And honestly who gives a fuck, they're not getting on the tube confused

We're all fat and lazy bastards (well I am grin) - if I thought I could run I'd be doing it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now