Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mrs Potts & Chip

(8 Posts)
DuchessOMalley Wed 29-Mar-17 14:44:22

So I just watched Beauty and the Beast, apart from Emma Watson being a bit blah I was really enjoying it and was impressed by how they managed to stay true to the original until I saw Mrs Potts! Why did they change her?! AIBU for feeling like it ruined the movie?

HoldMeCloserTonyDanza Wed 29-Mar-17 15:25:09

There was probably no way to stop her spout-nose looking like a penis in real life.

Happyandhungry Wed 29-Mar-17 15:27:13

HAHAHAHAHA actually laughed out loud Tony!

ThoraGruntwhistle Wed 29-Mar-17 15:34:12

If the reimagining of a talking teapot ruined an entire film for you... actually, I don't know how to end that sentence.

FairNotFair Wed 29-Mar-17 15:39:21

Surely a mother teapot would give birth to a baby teapot, rather than a cup? <misses point>

xStefx Wed 29-Mar-17 15:41:06

Aw the bit where Mrs Potts was desperately trying to look for chip before she turned into a teapot for good had me in tears lol

I know im a sad cow .. I don't care lol

SilverDragonfly1 Wed 29-Mar-17 16:01:44

If a teapot gave birth to teapots, they'd get taken away by humans to use before they were emotionally ready. Giving birth to cups (and possibly milk jugs?) is a sensible survival strategy as they remain a set. The real question is, do some of the cups grow up to become teapots? If not, how would the species survive?

SilverDragonfly1 Wed 29-Mar-17 16:02:48

Actually, whether the males are coffee pots is also a query.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now