Talk

Advanced search

SENSITIVE-suspected miscarriage advice needed

(11 Posts)
Freddofrog1983 Wed 29-Mar-17 14:29:05

I'm sorry to post here but I can't find an area suitable to post and I just need advice please.

I had a scan last week where I should have been 13 weeks and I had an empty gestational sac measuring 6 weeks and a second anembryonic sac which didn't state gestation just some measurements. Does this mean I was carrying twins as the sonographer didn't mention this and I only found out when I read my report at home.

I have so many questions but I don't go back for a rescan for another 10 days. I know the pregnancy has gone but the doctor was trying to stay positive as the sac was not measuring big enough to confirm miscarriage straight away and they want to check for changes. The thing is I know my dates and we haven't had sex since I found out I was pregnant.

I have tried speaking to my midwife about what the scan means and she said exactly what it says! If it is a confirmed miscarriage next week will they go through my options that day as I want a D&C if possible so would I be able to have that the same day? Also as I have had three Caesarian and want one last child will a D&C cause scar tissue which may affect another Caesarian?

Sorry for all of the questions I just feel in limbo and so upset. Thank you and sorry for the sensitive subject.

MrsTwix Wed 29-Mar-17 14:32:14

No idea sorry, but flowers I hope you get answers soon.

Gingerbreadmam Wed 29-Mar-17 14:36:07

it does sound like it may have been a twin pregnancy.

they are unlikely to do a d&c the same day but should be able to get you in within the week.

Not sure about scar tissue, there is a risk with a d&c but it is just a risk. It may help to know most hospitals dont offer d&c as standard and will advise medical management so be prepared to stand firm on your decision.

Sorry you are having to go through this.

Rainydayspending Wed 29-Mar-17 14:45:12

So sorry you're going through the limbo of a suspected miscarriage. It's horrendous.
Usually d&c is a day or two wait (sorry op). Saying that though I did get one the same day as a confirmation scan. (We were due to go on holiday).
They will give you other options as well. I've had a few miscarriages. Personally I wouldn't do a d&c again as I picked up a massive UTI. Obviously it's always up to you.
Be very gentle on yourself. flowers

Freddofrog1983 Wed 29-Mar-17 14:55:46

I banged my stomach earlier on the baby gate, as the door didn't open as I went to walk through so banged my stomach hard. I have just been to the toilet and have a brown discharge. Could this be the start or is it because I banged my stomach?

LuchiMangsho Wed 29-Mar-17 15:03:16

Banging your stomach won't cause you to bleed brown blood. I am sorry for your loss. I have been there- you won't get a D&C immediately and no it shouldn't matter if you have had C-sections before.

Stripeymug Wed 29-Mar-17 15:04:01

I would call your local early pregnancy unit, ask for a D&C, mine took about 5 days to arrange, also ask to talk to someone about your notes although if you are having a D&C then will have a Pre-op appointment with a Mid Wife, you could ask then for more information?

Like you I found out at 12 week scan and TBH I didn't know what to ask at the time, its a big shock isn't it?

The brown blood could be the start of the miscarriage, mine started with brown blood, I had the D&C as it went on a long time, I would choose the D&C again if I had to, it felt like closure and I was treated very well in the day surgery unit.
flowers

Roomster101 Wed 29-Mar-17 15:16:42

It does sound as if it was a twin pregnancy. If you are sure of your dates the bleeding is probably the start of the miscarriage. I don't know if things have changed but when I miscarried many years ago they rescanned when I started bleeding and I didn't have to wait 10 days. I don't know anything about D&Cs (mine were all medically managed) but if you have started bleeding you may miscarry soon anyway (before the D&C can be arranged).

user1490522234 Wed 29-Mar-17 15:27:17

Yeah my miscarriage started with brown blood please don't blame yourself for banging yourself on the gate - this will have probably had nothing to do with your miscarriage.

HelloSunshine11 Wed 29-Mar-17 15:35:08

I'm really sorry you're going through this. Both my miscarriages started with brown blood, but that went on for a good few weeks before the first one started naturally. For the second one, I got scanned much more quickly and had the loss confirmed, so went for medical management. I don't really know much about D&Cs but they won't do it the same day (or at least they wouldn't round here anyway).

Take care flowers

Freddofrog1983 Wed 29-Mar-17 16:28:08

Thank you for the replies, sorry I was picking my children up from school. It is a shock but at the beginning of the pregnancy I had a feeling things were not right as I bought lots of the clear blue pregnancy tests that tell you how many week you are and the weeks took along time to move up from 1-2 to 2-3 and it took nearly two weeks to see 3 plus.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now