Talk

Advanced search

To want to have this surgery

(8 Posts)
CallmemeIshmael Wed 29-Mar-17 01:35:18

www.2passclinic.com/before-after/video-testimonials/comment-page-4/#comments

I am a fairly alright looking woman but have real insecurities about my jaw and chin in particular - paranoid that they are masculine and hate them. WIBU to get this surgery?

ThreeDovesAndSomePinkChampagne Wed 29-Mar-17 01:38:57

Yes.

CallmemeIshmael Wed 29-Mar-17 01:40:20

Why confused

Plunkette Wed 29-Mar-17 01:43:56

I think it would be extremely painful.

I also think (and this is just a very personal opinion) that all the women I know who've had plastic surgery have rather boring faces. All the interesting, distinctive things about them have been removed making the look rather generic...

AmoIsNoLongerEmo Wed 29-Mar-17 01:55:35

If it will make you feel better and help you then you do what's best for yourself. I really want to get my tits done because they are so uneven and make me super self conscious even though im married. If it's not going to put you into massive debt then it doesn't matter what a bunch of unknown people on the internet think.

FeralBeryl Wed 29-Mar-17 02:07:46

I'd advise you to go for a consultation about a less drastic option first.
We can use Botox to soften jaw lines now, as well as reshaping using dermal fillers-for the chin too.
It will be far cheaper, practically painless, and give you an idea of the results you could expect from more permanent options.
There are a lot of treatments available that you may not be aware of - go and have a chat to someone about them flowers

CallmemeIshmael Wed 29-Mar-17 02:17:32

Thanks but I know about those - have done significant research and would want bone removed/shaved off. Thanks though smile

FeralBeryl Wed 29-Mar-17 02:23:55

Ok - did you try any of them out?
Definitely research your maxfac surgeon, choose one even if it means travelling (obviously near enough for follow ups etc)
It's a long slow process, you often end up needing significant dental corrections with the procedure too. I both know friends who have had this, and looked after patients afterwards and it's a toughie to get past.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now