Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want to pluck my chin

(6 Posts)
ciele Tue 28-Mar-17 16:57:36

Just past menopause and have grown lots of chin hair. Went for electrolysis for the first time last week and now have to wait TWO WEEKS without plucking. It's driving me crazy.
I have 'trimmed' so doesn't look terrible but it feels STUBBLY and is horrid.
AIBU to not wait it out?
IS electrolysis actually worth it?

mrssmith79 Tue 28-Mar-17 17:00:32

Long term, yes absolutely- just brazen it out in the meantime. From experience, if you're a driver, I suggest taping up your visor mirror in the meantime. The horror!!!

ciele Tue 28-Mar-17 17:07:26

Thank you. And...the beautician would not say how many treatments I would need.I have approx 20 bristles!
How many treatments does it take to be hair free, forever?

VacantExpression Tue 28-Mar-17 17:08:56

I'm early 30's and pluck twice a day blush
Is electrolysis something I should look into?

WhereYouLeftIt Tue 28-Mar-17 17:21:50

I had electrolysis over twenty years ago - yes, it is worth it. The beautician wouldn't be able to tell you how many treatments would be needed - some hairs die quickly, others are a bit stronger. Treatments started fortnightly, every time the gap between treatments lengthened. It only feels stubbly because you trimmed it - leave your chin alone grin! Bleach it if you must, but don't trim.

You will be pleased with the end result.

19lottie82 Tue 28-Mar-17 17:25:34

I had electrolysis about ten years ago and it didn't work. I then had laser treatment and it worked like a dream .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now