Talk

Advanced search

Are these Teenage boys taking the piss out of me??

(80 Posts)
Jaffacakecake1234 Tue 28-Mar-17 16:52:09

I took my daughter out around our shopping area the other day and she doesnt really like walking so to keep her motivated we count her steps. So were walking up a narrow path shes holding my hand bear in mind shes only two and there is four boys rangeing from 14-16. And too my amazement two of them moved out off our way i said thanks boys and me an dd carry on walking saying one two... Ect and i hear one of the boys starts imitating my words and voice (squeaky. And girly) i turn around hes there smirking like a twat and his mates sniggering i said im my most imature voice " look dd even you can count better than them little boys" they soon shut up. Anyone else had similar happan and actually shut them up??

Doyouwantabrew Tue 28-Mar-17 16:55:29

Good god no teenage boys aged 14 to 16 talk any sense or have any sense. Mine didn't. They think all their jokes are funny. Watch the imbetweeners. You owned them op wink

miserableandinpain Tue 28-Mar-17 16:56:43

Thats just teenage lads for you. I would have reacted the same. They will be all grown up one day and will have to endure these things when made to wear princes dresses by their little girls! grin

RyanStartedTheFire Tue 28-Mar-17 16:58:40

"Just teenage boys"
Being a teenage boy doesn't excuse rudeness and generally being a mean spirited arse.

Doyouwantabrew Tue 28-Mar-17 17:01:29

They weren't exactly rude or mean spirited though were they. Took the piss in a mild way. No biggie. They hardly blocked the path snd told the op to fuck off.

floraeasy Tue 28-Mar-17 17:03:24

I think they were just being a bit silly. At least they'd already moved out of your way which shows they were quite decent boys at heart.

RyanStartedTheFire Tue 28-Mar-17 17:03:34

Taking the piss out of a stranger and her two year old? Of course that's mean spirited. I'd be disappointed if it was my kid.

NavyandWhite Tue 28-Mar-17 17:05:45

Bit immature yes.

miserableandinpain Tue 28-Mar-17 17:06:04

I didnt say it was ok. But generally stupid boys turn into apes when together. Do you not remember being a teenager at school they are very immature.

StoatofDisarray Tue 28-Mar-17 17:15:25

Typical teenaged boy behaviour. Yes, I've had something similar happen to me - a couple of weeks ago. I had just finished at the gym, and went into the supermarket on the way home to get some groceries, still sweaty and knackered. When I came out there were some lads hanging around and they started giggling, and one of them looked me in the eye and said, "Why are you so beautiful?" I told him, "To make up for you being so ugly." His mates laughed their heads off.

Still made me cross though. I hate "banter".

brasty Tue 28-Mar-17 17:15:25

Teenage boys behave like this because generally as a society we accept it.

PrivatePike Tue 28-Mar-17 17:20:11

confused

fishonabicycle Tue 28-Mar-17 17:22:44

And they aren't fully human.

WankersHacksandThieves Tue 28-Mar-17 17:23:45

Individually I am sure they are all polite and well mannered (as their moving out of the demonstrates) but in a group it becomes the pack mentality to make each other laugh - essentially the OP was irrelevant - they were trying to get laughs with their mates, they weren't particularly trying to take the piss out of the OP and have her know about it.

Incidentally this isn't exclusive to teenage boys, girls can be just as bad and so can younger children to a lesser extent.

RyanStartedTheFire Tue 28-Mar-17 17:25:17

2/4 got out of the way.

BalloonSlayer Tue 28-Mar-17 17:25:23

But they got out of your way!

They might not have been mocking as much as you thought, they might have been imitating you because they thought you counting to your dd was cute.

Tbh to me you are the least impressive in this anecdote. They moved out of your and your DD's way and you called them less intelligent than a 2 year old. Oh nice.

lljkk Tue 28-Mar-17 17:26:18

I'd put it down as Being silly. My bar to get offended is way higher than that. They don't care about OP... they care about impressing each other.

Greyhound81 Tue 28-Mar-17 17:27:08

Some teenage boys were pointing and laughing at my 2.5 year old at the zoo a few weeks back. Pointing at his coat because it has a 'pointy' pixie type hood. I was furious as he actually pullled his hood down.

He's 2.5 ffs. They were like Neanderthals grunting and nudging each other. Don't care how old they are - I know plenty of teenagers that aren't like it. Sadly some are.

WankersHacksandThieves Tue 28-Mar-17 17:27:13

2/4 got out of the way.

Yes but that left room for the OP to pass, they didn't all need to get out of the way.

Twintowns Tue 28-Mar-17 17:31:18

Brasty The voice of truth. It's amazing the behaviours that are considered, 'normal teenage behaviour' and just 'hormones' in this part of the world.

loobylouloos Tue 28-Mar-17 17:31:23

I was walking down the street with my brolly (as it was raining) which says 'I love rain' on it. A couple of teenage boys were sat in the bus shelter and one yelled/ sniggered so you love rain do you? eh? snigger snigger. So I just said "yes" and crried on walking. They were gaping like goldfish!

Teenage boys are a separate species. I'll have one in a few years!

LorLorr2 Tue 28-Mar-17 17:32:25

Don't worry. It's group mentality and they're still at the age where they don't have the maturity to just get on with things; if someone walks past them they will observe them and can't help themselves making a remark. It's supposedly cool to take the piss out of others when you're a teenager. More to do with them than you! smile

Sparklingbrook Tue 28-Mar-17 17:33:15

As the parent of two teenage boys I have to say that that behaviour is not typical as far as I know.

5foot5 Tue 28-Mar-17 17:36:24

Don't care how old they are - I know plenty of teenagers that aren't like it.

Well individually probably the teenage boys you and the OP encountered are not like that either. But as a PP said, in a group they get a bit silly. Best to ignore. They might look like gigantic Neanderthals next to your LO but they are still kids really. In a dozen years it might be your DS taking the piss out of one of those "now all grown up" lads out with his PFB grin

missyB1 Tue 28-Mar-17 17:38:39

Yeah it may be common teenage behaviour but that doesn't make it acceptable, this sort of crap depresses me tbh. Oh and I have 3 boys, if any of them were behaving like that I would be disappointed to say the least.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now