Talk

Advanced search

Packaging ebay stuff

(10 Posts)
KateMateDateFateLateBateGate Tue 28-Mar-17 16:00:03

I have to post a coat to the successful ebay bidder. How to I best package it? Do I have to buy address labels or just stick a iece of are with the address on the parcel?

Youremywifenow Tue 28-Mar-17 16:07:40

I use plastic mail bags and write on them with a sharpie

acquiescence Tue 28-Mar-17 16:13:41

Yabu

LurkingHubby Tue 28-Mar-17 16:18:27

As long as the package is secure (coat won't fall out or get damaged or dirty en route), and the destination address is clear (and won't fall off), and the postage is paid, then I think it is up to you how to package it.
Presumably you are selling as a private individual; so no need to present an overly-professional image; equally you don't want to invite negative ratings.
Consider how you would feel receiving the parcel - would you think it well packaged and secure?

Janey50 Tue 28-Mar-17 17:10:05

acquiescence - confused

lljkk Tue 28-Mar-17 17:24:32

I would put it in a box, actually. Never seems to make a difference to the price of courier & the label can be secure; labels fall off of plastic bags very easily. Plastic bags as wrapping can be punctured & the contents damaged or the whole thing shredded. Maybe not if the weight is going to go too high, but I always try to put things in cardbox boxes if I can.

lljkk Tue 28-Mar-17 17:25:00

ps: sharpie can rub off. Trust me, I've had everything else go wrong!

19lottie82 Tue 28-Mar-17 17:26:48

Keep the parcel under 25mm thick if possible, it's a lot cheaper to post that watt

KateMateDateFateLateBateGate Tue 28-Mar-17 17:46:09

"Yabu" wink

KateMateDateFateLateBateGate Tue 28-Mar-17 17:46:23

Thanks to everyone else thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now