Talk

Advanced search

To not want to go out

(6 Posts)
RexMyDarling Tue 28-Mar-17 12:38:07

So I had a subtotal colectomy 4 weeks ago and came out of hospital 3 weeks ago. (Most of my large intestine removed) and I now have a delightful stoma and a bag.

Yesterday I was diagnosed with a chest infection possibly pneumonia (which I've had badly in the past after a major operation).

My little girl is two and throwing tantrums. DH is on his day off today so looking after her and me. Dd wants to go out this morning (big tantrum) and she's got a hospital appointment this afternoon.

I've told dh I can't manage to go out both this morning and this afternoon. Not only cos I feel like crap but also bit terrified to go out generally in case the bag leaks (which he knows). He says he's seen me worst and basically said I'll do it if it's something I really want to do. (Mothers day I spent the meal in the car because I couldn't stand the smell/thought of food! I really wanted to do that!!)

Aibu not even trying to do both? Hospital appointment isn't too onerous really... and dd misses me terribly.

Lovewineandchocs Tue 28-Mar-17 12:45:53

What?! Why can't your DH take her out? Oh and I'm loving the sympathy you are getting from him hmm

BorpBorpBorp Tue 28-Mar-17 12:51:17

Oh gosh, I wouldn't want to go out either if I were you flowers

Why can't your DH take her out on his own? Unless you're unable to be left alone and need him there. In that case, you all stay home and DH just has to deal with DD.

neverthetwainshallmeet Tue 28-Mar-17 12:55:47

YANBU if you don't feel up to it.

FloatyCat Tue 28-Mar-17 12:58:16

That's a huge operation, I'm surprised you are up to going anywhere at all. Definitely not unreasonable to not want to go to both. Your DH is being selfish laying a guilt trip like that.

CorporalNobbyNobbs Tue 28-Mar-17 13:01:37

Eh? Why do you need to go out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now