Talk

Advanced search

To ask.. when do new parents have sex?

(17 Posts)
blue2014 Tue 28-Mar-17 12:11:30

Seriously? Am I missing a trick here. So, SIDS guidance is all naps are taken in the same room as you for 6 months.

So we just don't have sex for 6 months? Right? I've not missed a clever way only experienced parents know about?

(After all of those years of TTC sex .. will we ever have a normal sex life again??)

LouBlue1507 Tue 28-Mar-17 12:13:57

Carry on as normal?

neverthetwainshallmeet Tue 28-Mar-17 12:14:20

Our baby sleeps in our room in a cot (he's 4 months) and we've had sex. The kid most likely isn't going to remember it...?

There's also the floor. The couch. Standing up against a wall. Etc wink

GahBuggerit Tue 28-Mar-17 12:15:30

What?

Mrsemcgregor Tue 28-Mar-17 12:16:43

You can leave the room for a quick shag you know!! I presume you sleep at night whilst she is asleep? You can't be watching them constantly!

CaseyAtTheBat Tue 28-Mar-17 12:17:03

You know the baby can't hear you when asleep, right?

SparkleTwinkleGoldGlitter Tue 28-Mar-17 12:18:38

You just have sex, on the sofa in the bed a 3 month old baby or whatever is not going to remember

Belmo Tue 28-Mar-17 12:19:25

I absolutely could not be bothered to have sex in the first six months, no! (But if I'd wanted to I'd have done it with him in the cot, he'd be unlikely to be bringing it up in therapy!)

MewlingQuim Tue 28-Mar-17 12:19:50

Newborns won't notice or remember so carry on as normal smile

It's more of a problem when they get a little older and the paranoia that you may hear a little voice interrupt with what are you doing, daddy?

noeffingidea Tue 28-Mar-17 12:26:56

If you don't want to do it in the same room as your baby then get adventerous - the front room, in the shower, in the kitchen sitting on the washingmachine on spin cycle worktop, etc etc.

MamaHanji Tue 28-Mar-17 12:28:28

With the first one, you carry on as normal and they don't know any different.

With the second...you forget what it's like to have someone touching you that isn't feeding and throwing up, or covered in marmite and sand.

And when they do try and touch you...you kick them.

The partner, not the children.

Topuptheglass Tue 28-Mar-17 12:31:02

Parents of teens get it harder..m e joy it now whilst you can! <mum to two teens>

blue2014 Tue 28-Mar-17 12:34:58

Sorry, honestly absolutely no judgement here at all but neither of us can get in the mood while he's in the room with us (he snores grin

Thanks though - just checking I hadn't missed a trick

neverthetwainshallmeet Tue 28-Mar-17 12:38:29

"Washing machine on spin cycle" grin Brilliant!

blue2014 Tue 28-Mar-17 12:39:44

Washing machine is under the stairs - I'm not that flexible wink

ForeverBubblegum Tue 28-Mar-17 12:39:56

I have also been wondering this, DS is in a cot in our room and I can't roll over in bed without waking him. Don't think he would sleep through us dtd

KayTee87 Tue 28-Mar-17 13:00:52

It's perfectly ok to have sex in the same room as your own sleeping baby. They won't know or care.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now