Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to ask if this looks like a ganglion cyst?

(10 Posts)
littlebunnyhophophop Tue 28-Mar-17 11:52:20

Weird bump appeared this morning on my little boys foot (he's 4) thought it looked like a cyst but feel like a bone any words of wisdom?

littlebunnyhophophop Tue 28-Mar-17 12:37:26

Anybody?

CaseyAtTheBat Tue 28-Mar-17 12:39:00

Yes, it does.

WhoWants2Know Tue 28-Mar-17 12:39:38

If it's hard but slightly moveable, then yes. I had one that eventually went on it's own

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Tue 28-Mar-17 12:40:25

aren't you supposed to hit ganglions with a bible to make them go away?

*not medically qualified ;)

Linkedout Tue 28-Mar-17 12:42:43

Yes looks like one. But maybe get it checked out by a doc.

I had one on my wrist and had it removed as it was pressing on a nerve so was very painful.

If the aren't causing pain they tend to leave them.

Mumzypopz Tue 28-Mar-17 12:44:56

Yes, looks like a ganglion cyst but I would get it checked out. I was told they can draw the fluid out if it but the likelihood is it will come back, so they leave them now.

littlebunnyhophophop Tue 28-Mar-17 12:51:56

Have phoned his orthopaedic consultant to see what they want to do , was starting to panic over nothing as usual grin

choccyfiend78 Tue 28-Mar-17 13:19:14

Tonde I had one on my wrist years ago and the doctor actually smacked it with one of his medical books!! gringrin

acatcalledjohn Tue 28-Mar-17 13:27:19

Looks like one to me. I'm the proud owner of one in my right wrist. The one in my left wrist was drained three times (third time the needle went in to a nerve), returned three times, and eventually I got rid of it by accidentally whiplashing my wrist when opening a bottle of beer.

Do have it checked out though. It is a lump after all. But that looks like a classic ganglion to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now