Talk

Advanced search

Obnoxious, 'entitled-to' daffodil thief!

(22 Posts)
user1489261248 Tue 28-Mar-17 10:09:49

Not so much an AIBU; just posting here as I don't know where else to post it really. (And also for traffic...)

Did anyone see that 31 year old father picking public daffodils with his children, on Good Morning Britain this morning?

He and his kids picked almost THIRTY daffodils, (for the childrens mother for Mother's day allegedly, as he is too tight arsed to pay a quid to get some from tesco!) and a police officer came and gave him a police caution for theft.

It is actually against the law to steal daffodils from public places, and he thought it was OK.

Fine, easy mistake.

However, his attitude absolutely stank. He decided to FILM the police officer, and was condescending and patronising, and said 'go on little copper, go and arrest a REAL criminal!' And 'I pay my taxes I do!' To which the police officer replied 'so do I!'

He was such a vile article. I wanted to punch the tv screen!

'A few dozen daffs ain't gonna hurt no-one is it?' he cried.

Well what if everyone decided to steal 'a few dozen daffs' from the public areas? There would be none left!

Did anyone see it?

Here's the video

www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dad-films-row-police-who-10104498

What a massive knob. If that had been my husband, I would be so embarrassed and ashamed, that I wouldn't show my face in public for the rest of year.

I'm willing to bet he doesn't even pay taxes. People who shout 'I pay my taxes' usually don't (and even if they do, they don't pay much!)

UntilTheCowsComeHome Tue 28-Mar-17 10:16:01

I read about this the other day and thought what an absolute bell end he his.

I'd be embarrassed to know him, let alone be related to him.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Tue 28-Mar-17 10:18:28

He's so deluded.

ErrolTheDragon Tue 28-Mar-17 10:21:39

There's already been a thread or two about this.

user1489261248 Tue 28-Mar-17 10:22:01

LOL I agree. I'd be embarrassed to know him too. Imagine being related to him? #cringe

RitaMills Tue 28-Mar-17 10:22:41

He made a complete prat of himself. I read an article about this yesterday and he also said 'I pay your wages', I utterly despise this line, as a council worker I hear it often. Seriously if you want to get my heckles up and for me to be as unhelpful as possible then use this line. Asshole.

user1489261248 Tue 28-Mar-17 10:22:52

I haven't seen any other thread sorry...

originalbiglymavis Tue 28-Mar-17 10:22:53

There's another thread on this. Unanimous decision that the dad is an embarrassing arse.

I'm hoping they took the piss on the tv?

PinkSquash Tue 28-Mar-17 10:23:47

What an example he is being to his children. sad

SparkleTwinkleGoldGlitter Tue 28-Mar-17 10:24:03

Why do people let children do this? Surely a flower display in a public area or park is for people to enjoy not your dc to pick ?

If it was my dh I'd be embarrassed he was that sodding tight he let the dc pick them and ruin a display as he didn't wasn't to spend £1 on a bunch in Morrisons

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Tue 28-Mar-17 10:24:54

Just read it and he says Mother's day was ruined as his dc wanted to take flowers to gm!!
Well buy some you stingy fucker!!

originalbiglymavis Tue 28-Mar-17 10:26:37

I think mother's day was ruined by his antics. But then again, maybe the mum is as big a twit as he is.

user1489261248 Tue 28-Mar-17 10:27:39

Piers Morgan (love him or loathe him) really ripped into him, and called him a mean tight fisted git (or something similar,) for not paying a QUID for them at tesco like everyone else (other leading stores are available.)

And he also said 'who does he think he is?'

And yeah the whole 'I pay your wages' thing irks me too! And as I said, people who say that usually pay no taxes, or very little. (IME.)

I only just heard about this today, so I apologise for starting a new thread about something that has been discussed already.

HateSummer Tue 28-Mar-17 10:29:01

Omg I can't watch that. It's making me cringe. Idiot!

user1489261248 Tue 28-Mar-17 10:36:10

It's awful isn't it? shock

Imagine if that was your husband! Or father!

I would think that he's that person in the neighbourhood that people walk a mile out their way to avoid PMSL. grin

Imagine if he was your next door neighbour! shock

I think everyone dreads having a neighbour like that!

As daft as it sounds, if I was an employer, and he came for an interview for a job, and I saw this video, I would not employ him. I bet he is a nightmare employee too!

This will haunt him forever.

user1489261248 Tue 28-Mar-17 10:45:59

Does anyone have a link to any previous threads about this? smile

I'm quite interested in reading them.

Thank you.

Elendon Tue 28-Mar-17 10:46:45

He wouldn't have filmed it if it was a male officer.

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Tue 28-Mar-17 10:49:41

Yup. This reminds me of a man my parents knew a long time ago. His wife was a lovely woman who had two jobs to keep everything going, alongside looking after her elderly mum and their two children and doing all the housework. He was an utter twat. He had some sort of problem with his back after a car accident and never worked again. His back problems didn't stop him doing anything except paid work or housework, oddly enough.

Anyway, their son left school and got a job. A few weeks after he started his dad told him about an event he would like to go to - motor show or similar - on a weekday. The son said what a shame he couldn't come too, as he would have enjoyed it. Dad said 'You can come, just ring in sick'. So the son did. Unfortunately he got found out and was sacked. Jawdropping behaviour from the Dad.

RitaMills Tue 28-Mar-17 10:54:11

It's being talked about now on This Morning, I'm getting the feeling Phil is on the side of twat dad. hmm

originalbiglymavis Tue 28-Mar-17 10:55:25

I wonder what the dad would have done if he trotted up to steal the daffs and people had beaten him to to? I suspect he would have The Rage.

Imagine how his mum must feel - knowing that her son was too tight to pay for a few daffodils for her, and thought all she was worth was a few nicked Corporation flowers!

user1489261248 Tue 28-Mar-17 11:24:51

Wow 'gasp' that man sounds like a tool of the highest order! shock

I think we all know someone like this! (Or have done at some time or other!)

As for 'this morning,' I missed that! I will catch up on +1 now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now