We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to freeze meat cooked twice?

(14 Posts)
Blinkingblimey Tue 28-Mar-17 09:59:46

AIBU to make a cottage pie out of Sunday's leftovers and then freeze it? The beef was not frozen prior to it's roasting on Sunday. Sorry for posting in AIBU.....here for the traffic as don't want to waste the morning cooking something that will end up wasted anyway! Thx!

RavioliOnToast Tue 28-Mar-17 10:01:53

I don't think i would. Im a right fairy when it comes to meat and salmonella and food poisoning etc though 😂😂

Blinkingblimey Tue 28-Mar-17 10:08:53

I'm usually pretty stringent too but the sheer volume of left over meat this week is grating on my conscience and there's only so much I & the kids can get through before it goes off... Thanks for replying Ravioli. Anyone out there think it would be ok?....if not the cat's having gourmet...urgh, what a waste!

FumBluff1 Tue 28-Mar-17 10:11:23

I would do this without thinking twice smile

Happyandhungry Tue 28-Mar-17 10:12:38

Absolutely fine especially beef, go for it.

PuntCuffin Tue 28-Mar-17 10:13:17

I would. And have. I am still alive. Apparently. (There are days when I wonder if I am!)

OdinsLoveChild Tue 28-Mar-17 10:15:06

I would and have done so for decades. According to my dh I'm trying to murder him slowly hmm but I've not manage to poison anyone yet. Just make sure its very hot before serving.

Mrsemcgregor Tue 28-Mar-17 10:15:34

Freeze the beef as is, then defrost and cook shepherds pie when you want it? Then you are only freezing once and reheating. I think?!

CottonSock Tue 28-Mar-17 10:16:56

That's fine if the meat was previously frozen raw

DaisyBlameless Tue 28-Mar-17 10:17:03

Will be absolutely fine.

yoohooitsme Tue 28-Mar-17 10:20:10

It's never been frozen just roasted? Can't you just slice and freeze in portions for future beefwiches or freeze in portions with some mash for quick meals (add gravy and peas at the time). [lazy emoticon]. Disclaimer : no food hygiene training .

AnoiseAnnoysanOyster Tue 28-Mar-17 10:21:56

I do it all the time.

OctopusesGarden Tue 28-Mar-17 10:23:13

Checked with dh (phd in this kind of stuff). He says should be fine if the beef was well cooked and reheated on defrosting

Blinkingblimey Tue 28-Mar-17 10:25:18

Oh thank you all, that's great!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now