Talk

Advanced search

Gossip feeds off of gossip

(5 Posts)
damewithaname Tue 28-Mar-17 09:24:46

AIBU to think that gossip feeds off of gossip?

I seem to be avoiding people due to their constant chatter about the next person and their faults or life happenings.
I just cannot entertain gossip. Largely because I feel that it's based on the opinion of the gossiper and not entirely the truth or not the truth at all.

Do any of you stay clear of running mouths or do you like to entertain it? What is your reasoning for either one?

FlyingElbows Tue 28-Mar-17 09:28:24

I stay well clear of people like that. If you don't tell them anything then anything they say about you has to fabricated and they look like complete twats when they're rumbled. They hate having nothing to work with and eventually they lose interest. Works for me but I'm lucky in that I don't give a fuck what people think and I'm quite happy to be a superficially polite stone wall.

floraeasy Tue 28-Mar-17 09:33:37

Gossipers are drama llamas so I avoid these types.

The reason I stay away is:-

(1) If they gossip about others you KNOW they are doing it about you.
(2) Drama is so boring. There is so much going on in the world to get interested in rather than manufactured dramas.
(3) People don't really like/respect gossipers. No-one ever really trusts them.

LilacSpatula Tue 28-Mar-17 09:48:17

I find gossiping a really unattractive trait. Avoid at all cost.

anon050 Tue 28-Mar-17 09:53:10

I run a mile from gossips. They are very insecure and jealous people who need to run others down to make themselves feel good. People who are jealous are incapable of ever being happy for your happiness. Gossips who gossip about every single person they know, of course will be gossiping about you behind your back as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now