Talk

Advanced search

Or is this too much

(2 Posts)
blueparrotcake Mon 27-Mar-17 21:26:36

I love my job. I've worked incredibly hard to get here against the odds, and am doing well, with a promotion being talked about in the near future, despite having two periods of maternity leave in the last three years.

I love my dcs and would probably like to have one more. We have good childcare, but are just looking at our next step re school/ forever house etc.

The problem is that my job takes about 60 plus hours a week. It's high stress (which I handle well) and unpredictable. I have some flexibility, so I see the kids four a couple of hours each day and have a half day off each week.

But I am knackered. Youngest is still under one, so perhaps that will get easier. There is no time for me/ couple stuff, although DH and I do lots with the kids together and our relationship is good.

But is this just to much and will it only get worse as they get older? I basically feel like I am permanently a Crap employee/parent/ partner, enjoying each individual role but never doing any of it well. Yo top it off we live in a stupidly expensive part of the country, so even though I am paid well it all goes on mortgage and childcare.

So should I give it all up ? Or suck it up as I am so lucky to at least have choices ???

JonesyAndTheSalad Tue 28-Mar-17 07:04:11

In all honesty, as kids grow, they seem to take up even more time. They need ferrying to clubs and friend's homes, they get in bother and have tricky patches.

I can understand you wanting another but I was in a similar situation and stuck at two.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now