Talk

Advanced search

To think my H is an arse for drawing

(49 Posts)
flipflap75 Mon 27-Mar-17 20:06:53

...on my kids' faces with pen?

Moustaches and beards, I just came in to. Writing pen - not biro, but one of those fine liners. It was a bugger to get off, and is still faintly there.

Apparently it was fun. Do I need to get a sense of humour?

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Mon 27-Mar-17 20:07:39

Yep you do. .

shitgibbon Mon 27-Mar-17 20:09:03

It's just a bit of fun! He should have washed it off though grin

TheNaze73 Mon 27-Mar-17 20:10:39

I always think things like this depend on who's doing them. Do you like your DH?

AllTheWittyNamesAreGone Mon 27-Mar-17 20:11:06

I used to do this while breastfeeding ds2.
He'd be guzzling away whilst I was doodling unibrows and monicles.

Chinnygirl Mon 27-Mar-17 20:13:50

He was enjoying his children. Maybe it's not your sense of humour but it won't harm them.

AromatAddict Mon 27-Mar-17 20:16:26

I draw on my co-workers backs and arse cheeks when they lean over the desk to answer the phone and there's a gap between their scrubs. I draw smiley faces and cocks and balls mostly. I get drawn on too. It gets us through the day :/

KungFuEric Mon 27-Mar-17 20:17:52

Its stuff you'll giggle about in the future, take some pictures of them on the morning mid breakfast with a faint biro beard remaining, it will be great to look back on in a decade or two I promise. They'll only be young kids once.

SuperManStoleMyPants Mon 27-Mar-17 20:18:05

I've done this to myself while waiting for the children in the car...it's a bit of silly fun.

RebelRogue Mon 27-Mar-17 20:24:05

YABU.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Mon 27-Mar-17 20:28:06

At least he didn't do a 'Freddy Krueger' like my colleagues did. We They used to tape permanent markers onto their fingers and draw on each other grin

Leeds2 Mon 27-Mar-17 20:28:38

Not unreasonable for him to do this as long as he was the one cleaning it off their faces.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Mon 27-Mar-17 20:29:12

AlltheWitty I'm literally crying with laughter at you drawing on the baby grin

PebbleInTheMoonlight Mon 27-Mar-17 20:29:49

I'd be furious TBH.

But then my husband has very high standards for our daughter's appearance and believes they should be well presented at all times he even insists on ironed PJs which he does himself so I'd be shocked if this happened in our home.

I'm generally the agent of chaos encouraging them to be proper children but that normally involves play clothes and crafts that don't involve drawing on themselves or getting muddy on an adventure in the local park.

I really don't understand why drawing on faces is a fun thing to do or why you'd look back on it fondly hmm

Christmasnoooooooooooo Mon 27-Mar-17 20:30:23

Draw on him see how he likes it

knowler Mon 27-Mar-17 20:31:47

Aromat - you draw on your colleagues' arse cheeks??!! grin You must have a different relationship with your colleagues than i have with mine!!

OP - YABU about the drawing and YABU for being the one to wash it off.

tissuesosoft Mon 27-Mar-17 20:33:06

DP is bald so I see it as encouragement to draw on his head whilst he's sleeping

CigarsofthePharoahs Mon 27-Mar-17 20:33:40

My then 4 year old asked me to draw octonauts on him.
I used crayola washable felt tips and he was jolly proud of them. I did a particularly good job.
Except.... They're not so washable on skin, especially when its been there all day. Kwaazi came off with a bit of scrubbing, but Peso did not. Sodding black penguin.
He went to play group the following day with long sleeves.
I wouldn't draw on faces. I've seen that episode of Friends!

InvisibleKittenAttack Mon 27-Mar-17 20:34:35

YAabitU - buy some face paints/cheap eyeliner, tell him in the future, he can only draw on children with those.

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Mon 27-Mar-17 20:35:26

*I used to do this while breastfeeding ds2.
He'd be guzzling away whilst I was doodling unibrows and monicles*

😂😂😂😂

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Mon 27-Mar-17 20:35:47

Pebble Well presented at all times? How old are they?

Fl0ellafunbags Mon 27-Mar-17 20:35:51

If I don't colour the kids in they colour themselves in. Might as well have some fun!

titsbumfannythelot Mon 27-Mar-17 20:36:42

Ironing pj's? 🤣

I think you need to lighten up op, it sounds like a bit of harmless fun.

AmberNectarine Mon 27-Mar-17 20:36:53

I wouldn't like it, mainly because my parents told me some horse shit about getting blood poisoning from drawing on myself which I find it hard to fully discount!

Dancergirl Mon 27-Mar-17 20:40:10

*I used to do this while breastfeeding ds2.
He'd be guzzling away whilst I was doodling unibrows and monicles*

grin Can't believe I missed out on this after 3 years of breastfeeding my dc!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now