Talk

Advanced search

Wedding Invite - Help

(14 Posts)
hickorydickorynurseryrhyme Mon 27-Mar-17 17:56:52

An old friend has invited me to her wedding. We're not in touch other than on FB and tbh i don't want to go.
AIBU to not go?

No. Just say you can't get out of work (if weekday) or you have another wedding (of weekend)
Or just send a with regret reply

user1483387154 Mon 27-Mar-17 17:58:57

If you dont want to go then just say you wont be attending. I dont understand why you even think this constitutes an AIBU?

Velvetbee Mon 27-Mar-17 18:00:50

Of course it's fine not to go. 'So sorry... busy that day... do have a lovely time'.
She'll be secretly pleased she has one fewer salmon en Croute to pay for.

Mulberry72 Mon 27-Mar-17 18:01:17

Just say no, you can't go.

As the old MN saying goes, it's an invitation not a summons!

SmurfPants Mon 27-Mar-17 18:03:45

'Thank you so much for your kind invitation but unfortunately I won't be able to attend. Have a wonderful day xx'

I love not going to weddings.

Havanaclub Mon 27-Mar-17 18:11:05

FFS. Why do people need to ask silly questions like this?

Just say NO. In a nice way..of course.

I don't do weddings. Except immediate family and I love those.

SO there is always a prior engagement for dates of other weddings. And I don't care, if the truth be known neither do they!

Havanaclub Mon 27-Mar-17 18:12:30

@Velvetbee

We call it Salmon on Crutches.

hickorydickorynurseryrhyme Mon 27-Mar-17 18:12:50

My reasons are because I've know her since we were little we grew up together used to be best friends but we've grown apart. It's also not her first wedding!

hickorydickorynurseryrhyme Mon 27-Mar-17 18:13:18

Thanks all

Lazyafternoon Mon 27-Mar-17 18:14:03

Of course it's fine not to go. Find a nice little note card and write a sorry can't come note. You don't need to say why. Wish them luck and send a Happy Wedding day card closer to the day (if you remember). It's fine you're saving her money by not going grin

hickorydickorynurseryrhyme Mon 27-Mar-17 18:15:06

I'm just interested to see what people's responses are.

PennyPickle Mon 27-Mar-17 18:36:03

If you don't want to go - then don't. I hate weddings! As pp have suggested send a "So sorry I can't make the date. Hope you have a lovely day. Catch up with you after the honeymoon"....or some similar shit.

Havanaclub Mon 27-Mar-17 18:39:14

Big girl pants on and decline graciously. They don't care whether you go or not but will always remember that you got an invite!

and you shouldn't worry about declining either. Nice of them to invite you tho.

Look after number one i.e. You.

I would send a nice card with a voucher or something as a wedding present along with the regret notice.

Will be so less costly on so many levels than attending!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now