Talk

Advanced search

IWBU to spend over £60 on a pair of plastic sandals, wouldn't I?

(21 Posts)
CesareBorgiasUnicornMask Mon 27-Mar-17 17:28:04

Last spring I had these sandals, and I LOVED them. For a few weeks they were a source of wonder and joy, then we went for a few days at the beach, one fell out of the car on the way (I assume), and I thought it would be at home. It was not. I didn't buy replacements last summer because I'm an idiot (and was still half convinced I'd somehow find the other one lurking somewhere, even though I remember chucking them in the back seat of the car), and finally got round to looking today as it's nice weather and I want a pair of comfy sandals.

THEY NO LONGER EXIST sad.

I have found one pair available to buy online, coincidentally in the size and colours I want, but for over £60 delivered. I can't quite bring myself to do it... On the other hand, I have birthday money, and I do need sandals for the summer. But... they're plastic. But they're also amazing... But... they're OVER £60. For glorified jelly shoes. Help!

MaidOfStars Mon 27-Mar-17 17:31:36

Have you seen Palmairas? A completely different style but so bloody comfortable and ace for both day and night wear.

sidsgranny Mon 27-Mar-17 17:32:58

Have you tried eBay? Just put in Crocs Hurache and quite a few came up.

They aren't my taste to be honest but that doesn't matter. If you like them, they're comfortable and you'll get a lot of wear out of them then get them!

loveyouradvice Mon 27-Mar-17 17:35:55

For something you really love and will get huge pleasure from, £60 isn't a lot of money if you have that to spare.... so suggest you stop thinking of it as a lot of money for plastic and think about whether the pleasure you'll get is worth the £60... from all you've said it sounds likely!

Gingerbreadmam Mon 27-Mar-17 17:39:38

try m&m direct and sports direct too. they often have crocs on.

MsRinky Mon 27-Mar-17 18:23:43

eBay is full of knock-offs for about £12.

PerspicaciaTick Mon 27-Mar-17 18:27:33

maybe go for these instead especially as Crocs seem to be offering 25% today.

Doyoufeeluckypunk Mon 27-Mar-17 18:47:50

I have a pair of those!!

So comfortable! I might be tempted if I were you...

KP86 Mon 27-Mar-17 18:53:47

Have you checked sports direct? That's where I got mine last summer.

KP86 Mon 27-Mar-17 18:55:39

If you have a tiny foot they've got the flip flop version in a 4, or these in the wedge

Crocs | Huara Swedge Sandals Ladies
http://www.sportsdirect.com/crocs-huara-swedge-sandals-ladies-119127?colcode=11912799

Birdsgottaf1y Mon 27-Mar-17 18:58:01

You can't put a price on comfy sandals, that you also love.

TheWitTank Mon 27-Mar-17 18:59:31

If you like them then go for it!

I love them! I didn't buy them last year as they are crocs and I had a stupid hang up about the brand being 'for old people'.

Now I'm pregnant and need comfy sandals for summer and I really wish I'd bought them.

littlefrog3 Mon 27-Mar-17 19:19:58

You're as mad a box of bollocks spending that! shock

However hun, if it's what you really want, then go for it. Your money, your choice.

As a few people have said though, check ebay first to see if you can find some cheaper. smile

Littlechip Mon 27-Mar-17 19:22:17

I've got those! I knew it would be those before I clicked on the link.

They're good for the beach, sightseeing and gardening (and slinging on to go to the bin) so I think they're worth £60 grin

CleanHonestGoals Mon 27-Mar-17 19:37:38

Tkmaxx had these in the other week (I looked at a pair last year so noticed them but too big) might be worth a look in store. Secretsales.com have the sandals in which don't have the back bit though.

NotTheMrMenAgain Mon 27-Mar-17 20:21:10

They're not glorified jelly shoes OP - they're Crocs! Totally different, - so comfy, washable, hard wearing......buy, buy, BUY!

CesareBorgiasUnicornMask Mon 27-Mar-17 20:26:47

I may have to have a look in Tkmaxx Clean. I do like some of the other styles but not as much. I'm so indecisive! But it does just feel like too much money.

Tangoandcreditcards Mon 27-Mar-17 20:31:30

I have those. And also knew it was them as soon as i read the OP. So comfy. So versatile.

On a cost-per-wear basis theyve got to be worth it. I wore them virtually every day last summer whilst i was on mat leave.

I spend most money on slippers and every day casual shoes because i wear them the most. I have £80 shoes from my frivolous youth that I've probably worn twice. Do it.

loveyouradvice Mon 27-Mar-17 20:31:32

Ask yourself... which will you regret more in a month's time .... Getting them? or NOT getting them?

Badgertastic Mon 27-Mar-17 21:06:10

I have these and a whole host of similar and in different colours which I practically live in from now until September. I got quite a lot of mine from Amazon. Have you checked there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now