Talk

Advanced search

To wonder why if there are prostitutes for lonely people why there aren't just 'be nice to me' people

(25 Posts)
scaryclown Mon 27-Mar-17 14:32:25

You know, like someone to make the bed, bring up cups of tea and jam or mayby just call you and be positive about you? grin

Its just sort of seems weird that there isn't, the more I think about it!

I would love someone to run me a bath today, tidy up a bit, and tell me I'm great..

Would that be weird?

FlyingElbows Mon 27-Mar-17 14:34:16

I've got one of them, he's called Mr Elbows.

wizzywig Mon 27-Mar-17 14:35:15

Cups of tea and jam??

wizzywig Mon 27-Mar-17 14:35:58

No op yanbu. You just want to be looked after. So do i. This is a great business idea.

scaryclown Mon 27-Mar-17 14:36:33

mmmm .jamtea

You know what I mean grin tea and toast and jam.

Actually I just miss shared houses sad

juneau Mon 27-Mar-17 14:36:52

I think those people you're talking about are called care assistants, home helps or housekeepers - depending on the exact parameters of their role.

chitofftheshovel Mon 27-Mar-17 14:37:41

What's weird is wanting tea and jam!

Seriously though I get what you're saying, although it might feel odd to pay someone to be nice to you.

SaucyJack Mon 27-Mar-17 14:38:44

You want a butler.

FinallyHere Mon 27-Mar-17 14:38:44

Or personal assistant, or personal trainer. Hairstylist/Beautician. Massage therapist. Makeup Lady.

If money is not much of an object.

scaryclown Mon 27-Mar-17 14:39:10

It could be called 'Niceroo' grin

'A disruptive and innovative caretech startup redefining the boyf/girlf/girlymates paradigm of relationships 1.0'

Vygotsky Mon 27-Mar-17 14:40:25

Are there men out there ( good looking of course) who you can pay to give you a good orgasm?. The men I've been with have all been crap in bed sad

megletthesecond Mon 27-Mar-17 14:40:56

'Niceroo' grin

scaryclown Mon 27-Mar-17 14:40:58

I think it would have its own internal economy though - people would earn points that are effectively £ if you cash them in.. but you can also spend them on other careroo services..

'Careroo - a mumsnet company'

scaryclown Mon 27-Mar-17 14:41:53

oh yes, niceroo.. bloody hell I've only gone and created an extension to the brand for older people lol grin

wasonthelist Mon 27-Mar-17 14:54:05

Loving Niceroo - and the blurb scary

Laiste Mon 27-Mar-17 14:57:54

Didn't there used to be something called a 'Companion'? Someone paid to just ... be there.

I'm sure i've read a famous book with one as a main character.

Laiste Mon 27-Mar-17 14:59:53

Rebecca! Daphne du maurier.

The main character starts out as an old woman's 'companion'.

mumblechum0 Mon 27-Mar-17 15:00:13

I'm sure i've read a famous book with one as a main character Rebecca?

LilyLoLo Mon 27-Mar-17 15:54:28

I love this idea. I joked about getting an aupair so she can make me tea and eggs on toast. Don't have space of course!

VestalVirgin Mon 27-Mar-17 15:57:55

Are there men out there ( good looking of course) who you can pay to give you a good orgasm?. The men I've been with have all been crap in bed

Well, there are male prostitutes. confused

But why spend so much money? If you can't find men who aren't crap in bed, buy a vibrator and stop having sex with men.
The men you have sex with get orgasms for free, why should you pay for one?

Seriously though I get what you're saying, although it might feel odd to pay someone to be nice to you.

Indeed. You can pay a housekeeper to make the bed and make you tea, but I'd rather have the people who are nice to me genuinely like me. Otherwise, there's no meaning to it.

makeourfuture Mon 27-Mar-17 16:12:55

Well they would no doubt be underpayed and have poor rights and conditions.

palebluesky Mon 27-Mar-17 16:15:23

I did home care once - got ordered about like a bloody skivvy!

wizzywig Mon 27-Mar-17 16:18:20

Im sure i read a thread on mn ages ago about how some women liked being in hospital as they got looked after there.

CaoNiMartacus Mon 27-Mar-17 17:09:39

I'm not sure it's loneliness that drives most men to use prostitutes, to be honest...

Laiste Mon 27-Mar-17 17:29:41

makeourfuture - Well they would no doubt be underpayed and have poor rights and conditions.

That crossed my mind too. I thought it after i posted about 'companions'. I thought; this would be 99.9% women doing this job, then having to go home and do it all over again with their own family.

BUT - this is a lighthearted thread and we shouldn't piss on the OPs chips or jam tea anymore grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now