Talk

Advanced search

To ask how I get my parcel from my neighbour?!

(12 Posts)
Snowflakes1122 Mon 27-Mar-17 10:51:52

Amazon delivered my prime parcel last week to a neighbour I've never even spoken to or seen before 7 houses down.

Neighbours are pretty security conscious it seems-massive 7 foot fence and gate all the way around. Two large dogs to the other side wandering the properties grounds and no intercom system on the gate to call through to the house.

Been around several times now. No luck!

Why did they take my parcel and how the hell did Amazon manage to get it in there?!

How do I get it back? Will Amazon refund me if I continue to have no luck?

To make matters worse it's my pelvic floor exerciser! blush

justgivemethepinot Mon 27-Mar-17 11:13:49

Watch to see what the postman does! If the have an external mailbox, drop a note in it asking them to pop it round. Or if you can spare a stamp, send a letter (sorry crap idea but best I've got)

Dulra Mon 27-Mar-17 11:16:51

Weird that they would accept delivery of a parcel and then not drop it round to you....

I would contact amazon and say they should not have delivered there and you want refund of parcel or another one sent. Their problem not yours.

ineedamoreadultieradult Mon 27-Mar-17 11:17:21

They must have a postbox somewhere outside the gates so I would pop in a note or wait for them to bring it round to me. They must have been ok taking the parcel or they would have said no and they must be aware you cant get to their door to ask for it back so persumably they have a plan.

Yukbuck Mon 27-Mar-17 11:21:09

Yy to popping a note through their letterbox. Surely the postmen must post letters somewhere? Maybe it's hidden?

frasersmummy Mon 27-Mar-17 11:24:34

Contact Amazon tell them it was delivered to the wrong address and ask them to send another one..Also arrange a place for them.to leave it if you are not in. Amazon are usually quite obliging

Snowflakes1122 Mon 27-Mar-17 11:29:47

There's a small post box on the gate I assume the postman uses. Not big enough for a parcel though!

I'm baffled how visitors get in, unless they only unlock it when they know someone's visiting? confused

Snowflakes1122 Mon 27-Mar-17 11:30:47

I'll try the note idea in letterbox later. Hipefufll they can leave it on my doorstep like Amazon usually do anyway.

SugarNyx Mon 27-Mar-17 11:36:18

Amazon do this to me all the time, they once delivered something a mile away from my home! I told them to either send me another or give me a refund. If you haven't nominated it as your safe place, they have no reason to drop it off there and yiu are entitled to a replacement or your money back.

NC543212345 Mon 27-Mar-17 11:38:12

Write a note asking for your parcel, pop it in a Tupperware box and chuck it over?

TimTamTerrier Mon 27-Mar-17 11:49:57

You could put your mobile number on the note and ask them to text you when they are in for you to collect.

Renaissance2017 Mon 27-Mar-17 11:54:34

If they're that security conscious I think I might leave it. Their surname isn't Corleone is it? Do they speak with dodgy American/Italian accents?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now