Talk

Advanced search

To not turn up

(4 Posts)
Volchitsa Mon 27-Mar-17 10:09:08

I used to love my job when I first started a few months back now with a new manager things have taken a turn for the worst. The shifts I was promised during interview have changed and there has been no payment for overtime neither have breaks been given during shift due to new managers busy schedule. It is making me miserable..AIBU to give it up? It is making me miserable I want to cry most days on my commute in

Happyandhungry Mon 27-Mar-17 10:39:45

Not YANBU. No job should ever make you cry. If you can't leave work at work and you bring it home with you emotionally then its time to move on. Don't skint yourself though make sure you have something to go to flowers

Ffswtf Mon 27-Mar-17 10:49:15

What is the notice period? Would you need a reference from your boss for your next job? I agree if your job is making you miserable then it's not worth it. I've stayed in a job that I loathed and I ended up off sick with depression, wish I'd packed it in sooner tbh. Even just looking at the practical aspects will help you feel like you are taking back control. Look for other jobs, join an agency, etc? Your health is more important than any job imo wink

Volchitsa Mon 27-Mar-17 11:01:58

Thank you for the replies it is nice to know that I am not alone smile, i have begun looking for new employment there is a week notice period. Tbh i don't think that a reference from the boss would be necessary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now