We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sex after children

(13 Posts)
LovelyBath77 Sun 26-Mar-17 20:13:25

When they are babies, it is exhausting and all I wanted was to sleep, toddlers as well! Now they are school age, I worry about them hearing us and they stay up later as well. I feel like it is only really a priority if we are away as a couple somewhere. Is this normal and do others find the same?

Familyof3or4 Sun 26-Mar-17 20:15:38

That's what the tv is for on a Saturday morning

ShowMePotatoSalad Sun 26-Mar-17 20:16:48

I've always felt quite strongly that sex is a very important part of my relationship with my DH. Obviously it's not as easy to find the time now, and being more tired is a factor. We both have a high sex drive but there are times when sex takes a back seat. My DS goes to bed at 7pm so it's not an issue at the moment.

I think you need to stop worrying about your kids hearing you. You don't need to be loud, if you're not loud they won't hear you.

chickenjalfrezi Sun 26-Mar-17 20:17:05

Not normal here.

Once they're asleep then it's fine but would take a bomb to wake mine up. Early mornings? Work from home?

If it's made a priority during normal life then it will happen. Think of all the time every day that can be wasted doing all sorts and if you really wanted to have sex then there would be time.

steff13 Sun 26-Mar-17 20:18:49

I believe sex is an important part of an intimate relationship. We make it a priority.

LovelyBath77 Sun 26-Mar-17 20:19:20

The youngest gets up very early and the eldest stays up later so that might be the problem. I agree I need to worry less about them hearing. I don;t when they were little just now they are older and more aware.

Nquartz Sun 26-Mar-17 20:19:52

We make a point of going to bed earlier every Saturday or Sunday to make time for it. DD can sleep through pretty much anything but we still try to be quiet. If we didn't make the effort it wouldn't happen, unfortunately we can't be as spontaneous as we used to be

steff13 Sun 26-Mar-17 20:20:41

How old are your kids? How late do they stay up?

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 26-Mar-17 20:21:34

Shut the door. They won't hear. Sex is important. it reconnects you.

ShowMePotatoSalad Sun 26-Mar-17 20:21:48

Nquartz yes the spontaneity is the biggest change in our sex life. But otherwise things are still the same for us because we make time for it as much as we can.

LovelyBath77 Sun 26-Mar-17 20:28:36

One is 8 and gets up at around 6am. The other is 12 and stays up to around 9.30pm. Not so late I know.

Funnyonion17 Sun 26-Mar-17 20:36:29

Just have a lock on your bedroom door and let them think your watching TV in bed if need be. At 12 years old they will know about sex etc, if you keep the noise down no reason to worry.

limon Sun 26-Mar-17 20:38:25

Im a lone voice here, but Yanbu.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now