We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mother's Day

(12 Posts)
Excelsior1664 Sun 26-Mar-17 19:15:25

So oh was away on a hen do yesterday
She came home to flowers a three course meal and gifts

Aibu to be a little vexed that I have to do bed time tonight as it's Mother's Day ?

ShowMePotatoSalad Sun 26-Mar-17 19:17:22

Why would you put your kids to bed just because it's Mother's Day? Surely you can put your kids to bed without complaining about it. That's what happens when you have kids - you take care of them.

timeforheroes Sun 26-Mar-17 19:19:50

How often do you do bedtime usually?

Is it really that much of chore? What happens at bedtime for you to be vexed about doing it?

Allthebestnamesareused Sun 26-Mar-17 19:22:09

Surely this is a reverse or a pisstake of the 7 million other Mothers Day threads today?

ShatnersBassoon Sun 26-Mar-17 19:22:20

Do you think she owes you some parenting because she went out?

StillDrivingMeBonkers Sun 26-Mar-17 19:23:53

I love MN, only here do you find people fighting over who ISNT doing the bedtime routine , it's really quite unbelievable

NavyandWhite Sun 26-Mar-17 19:24:21

What the! Just put your kids to bed fgs.

PurpleDaisies Sun 26-Mar-17 19:26:22

It this a joke?

Excelsior1664 Sun 26-Mar-17 19:47:11

She was away for the weekend and he's been up since 4am and I am shattered I do at least 50% of the bed times but just wanted 20 minutes of peace

ShowMePotatoSalad Sun 26-Mar-17 19:56:53

Ah, that now makes sense. Might have helped to put that in your original post as it explains why you would want her to do the bedtime.

YANBU in that case.

Sandsnake Sun 26-Mar-17 20:00:45

I actually think you're not being unreasonable. If you've done all the childcare this weekend and also marked Mother's Day in what sounds like a very thoughtful way then I don't think it's particularly fair that your wife tries to play the 'Mother's Day card' to get out of bedtime.

ShowMeWhatYouGot Sun 26-Mar-17 21:15:55

Bless you, just remember all this, Fathers days not that far now grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now