Advanced search

Aibu to not send the police?

(14 Posts)
NoWittyNamesAvailable Sun 26-Mar-17 19:03:29

I've recently started talking to one of the mums from my son's nursery. She seems nice but her ex is vile, he beats her black and blue. He waits for her to leave/come back from shops and forces his way in. Last week i sent her a link via text so she now has my phone number. I woke this morning to missed calls during the early hours from her but I've not been able to get an answer back when texting and calling.

She lives a few streets away so i even went and knocked her door, no answer. I'm worried about her, but I'm not sure what to do now. If i phone the police and they turn up there it could make things worse for her if he is there. I could wait till the morning and speak to the nursery manager if she doesn't show up at the gates. This guy clearly has no qualms about hitting women so i don't want to get too involved, I've only spoken to her half a dozen times.

I don't know what to do for the best.

DartmoorDoughnut Sun 26-Mar-17 19:05:27

Call the police, it needs to be logged at the very least. What if he's beaten her unconscious?

MichaelSheensNextDW Sun 26-Mar-17 19:05:59

Phone the police, explain the situation and they will go and do a welfare check. They won't say who called them.

Friolero Sun 26-Mar-17 19:06:49

I think I would call the police, it sounds like he was probably there last night so I'd want them to check if she's ok or not now.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Sun 26-Mar-17 19:06:54

Can you go back to the house? Would you be able to tell if she has been ghere at all today? Maybe she went to her dms? A call to 101 would set your mind at rest. If there has been bother the call could have been from a neighbour. .

Justanothernameonthepage Sun 26-Mar-17 19:07:43

Please call the police he may have knocked her unconscious and her son may still be in the house with no one to take care of him.

LoveMyLittleSuperhero Sun 26-Mar-17 19:07:47

Please please call the police, I've been in her position and I wish someone had for me. flowers I understand you don't want to get involved but you can say to the police you are concerned and they will make sure noone knows it was you who called

Foxysoxy01 Sun 26-Mar-17 19:07:54

Phone the police asap and explain the situation, let them make the next decision.

PerryCoxHair Sun 26-Mar-17 19:09:48

Bloody hell call the police! Do you know how many times I wished a neighbour or friend would call the police for us? They didn't. They turned a blind eye instead.
If you genuinely think she is in trouble or needs assistance then call for help and guidance!

Devilishpyjamas Sun 26-Mar-17 19:11:21

Yes call the police xx

NoWittyNamesAvailable Sun 26-Mar-17 19:11:28

I can't go back now no, my 2 children are in bed. I have tried ringing and texting again. I messaged one of the other mums that used to be friendly with her and she said she used to do the same to her. She appears to ask for help and then sends the police away. I shall give them call, i just hope it doesn't make anything worse for her. I dread to think the state her face will be in tomorrow sad.

Friolero Mon 27-Mar-17 11:04:16

Have you / the police managed to get hold of her yet? Hope she's ok.

SparklyMagpie Mon 27-Mar-17 11:20:41

Have you seen her today OP? Did you ring the police?

NoWittyNamesAvailable Tue 28-Mar-17 20:00:31

I did call the police, she was there her ex had left. She was reluctant to give any information to them. She text me to apologise for making me worry, i saw her today and she is in a right state. We had a good talk after dropping our children to nursery and she placed some calls to refuges after i left and is waiting to hear back if theres any spaces available. Turns out shes also pregnant (he does more than just beat her angrysad) and doesn't know what to do, i wish i could help her more.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: