Talk

Advanced search

Funeral book

(10 Posts)
Rockingaround Sun 26-Mar-17 11:36:03

Hi all
Sorry I'm posting here for traffic, I need a steady, fast response as I don't have a lot of time. I had our third baby a fortnight ago and the following day we lost my father in law. It was quite sudden and unexpected, although my husband was with him and he was at home, the time since has been so bitter sweet and very emotional although we are starting to feel better now.

We're having the funeral in a couple of weeks. We've had so many beautiful emails and letters, we'd like to compile a book to have available for guests to read; we'd also like there to be parchment paper so guests can add there own sentiments. I think it'll be a great comfort to my husband and his sister along with our children in the future.

Where can I get this done? Photo box needs it to be images and I don't know how else to achieve it? Any ideas?

Many many thanks in advance x

RiversrunWoodville Sun 26-Mar-17 11:40:04

Not sure if you are uk but I'm in Northern Ireland and we have a couple of local print shops who are surprisingly reasonable (actually more so than some of the online) and if you went into something similar nearby and explained what you wanted I'm sure they could make it happen quickly. Sorry for your family's loss just after birth of dc flowers

endofthelinefinally Sun 26-Mar-17 11:43:44

Our funeral director provided a lovely book as part of their service.
Have you asked them?
So sorry for your sad losses.
flowers

Gatehouse77 Sun 26-Mar-17 11:44:50

Alternatively, you could buy a ring bound photo album and stick in the correspondence you've received so far and have blank pages for the funeral guests to add messages.

jellyandsoup Sun 26-Mar-17 11:49:46

How about a scrapbook from somewhere like hobby craft. You can get some lovely ones with nice paper, you could stick in the bits you have then people can fill up the other pages. Might be nice to put some pics in too. Or you could have a boom for people to write in and scan the paper stuff for a photi book later.

Rockingaround Sun 26-Mar-17 12:17:24

Thanks all - I never thought of a print shop, there's quite a posh one near us, I'll pop in tomorrow. Thank you for the flowers 🌺

LadyPW Sun 26-Mar-17 14:10:49

Probably missing the point but are you sure that people who've sent you messages would really want them made public? I wouldn't. It's one thing having something for people to write in because they know others will see it, but if they've written directly to you they're assuming you'll be seeing their words, not anyone else.

BackforGood Sun 26-Mar-17 14:19:51

I'm a bit with LadyPW. when I write a card or letter, it is a personal letter to the bereaved person I am writing to. I feel a bit uncomfortable about the idea of it being shared with others.

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Sun 26-Mar-17 15:05:28

Also agree with LadyPW. It's a lovely thought and by all means make a book, but I wouldn't put it out publicly (I'm assuming you'd put it out at the wake?) so people can read through it. I would make a book, leave it at home and take a load of sheets of paper (or parchment like you said) to the wake along with a postbox or something and then paste them into the book at a later date.

Sgtmajormummy Sun 26-Mar-17 15:25:39

We left a nice black hardback A4 exercise book out on a table at the after-service gathering but very few people wrote in it. In the end we got a covered box file closed by a ribbon and all the letters etc. went in there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now