Talk

Advanced search

To think that Mothers Day is just a way of confirming how under appreciated we actually are?

(142 Posts)
Flumpernickel Sun 26-Mar-17 10:37:46

To all those having a shite day so far and feeling even more acutely that no one actually cares. flowers

Agree.

RiversrunWoodville Sun 26-Mar-17 10:39:28

If you are feeling miserable then flowers and cake for you flump

MrsDesireeCarthorse Sun 26-Mar-17 10:39:29

No.

RiversrunWoodville Sun 26-Mar-17 10:39:47

And james

Flumpernickel Sun 26-Mar-17 10:41:23

And to make it worse, my own mother, who makes no effort at all year round, has requested to see me today, because obviously, we must publicly mark this hallmark moment. Then she can just go back to being useless and distant for another year. (Sorry for rant! grin)

Mrsglitterfairy Sun 26-Mar-17 10:41:24

Shite day here too! 'D'H went out last night and decided to go back to his mates for a drink, popped home at 12.30 to get a bottle of booze and said would be back in a couple of hours.. Stumbled through the door at just gone 6am!!! So needless to say, he's still in bed and I was up at 8am with DS!! Nob!

hoopdeloop Sun 26-Mar-17 10:41:52

Can I have some flower and cake please? Feeling like utter crap, but at least I have a helium balloon 🎈

kingscrossnoodle Sun 26-Mar-17 10:42:40

Not really no. I have read some really self obsessed posts in various places this morning with people complaining and generally feeling sorry for themselves because they didn't get a bloody box of chocolates or whatever. Why cant people stop wasting emotion feeling shot and just get on with things, you know like have a nice day with the kids. All this self pity really does my tits in. I never became a mum because I want d some grand (or shit) gesture of appreciation. It matters not.

Bizzysocks Sun 26-Mar-17 10:43:02

Agree. I'm off out with my mum in a bit and will be buying myself something nice. Leaving the kids and dh at home.

Flumpernickel Sun 26-Mar-17 10:43:19

Thanks Rivers! Mmm cake, cake sending you some too. smile

floatingfrog Sun 26-Mar-17 10:45:12

No. My DC without DH being involved as he is at work have brought me breakfast in bed, tidied the house and washed-up made cards and are now baking a cake. Just about to have a bath. All this without any intervention from Hallmark cards! wink

Bizzysocks Sun 26-Mar-17 10:45:48

kings because I took them out yesterday and they were a pair of monkeys so I'm leaving them home today

Butterymuffin Sun 26-Mar-17 10:46:00

MrsGlitter go and get him up now and tell him he's taking over and you're going back to bed. Make it his problem!

Zoflorabore Sun 26-Mar-17 10:46:09

Hear hear! I've woken up to green sick everywhere confused dd not a bit well and after realising that the green was due to her having a "mixed slush" at the safari park yesterday ( hate her having slush ) I have got her bedding and soft toys to wash and not a "happy Mother's Day" in sight!

Ds is 14, he's still asleep and the first thing he will say is "what's for breakfast?"

One day just one day of the year to be spoiled... never gonna happen.

Flumpernickel Sun 26-Mar-17 10:48:27

I didnt want a box of bloody chocs you judgey twit. What would have been nice though, is if my older DD had prioritised me over her friends party last night (so that she was here this morning) , my husband didnt have to be asked 5 times just to get my DS make me a fecking coffee, and my own mother wasnt pathetically shit and distant all year round, only to suddenly appear on mothers days seeking public glory.

So no, it isnt because I wanted fucking chocolates. On fact I told them not to buy anything, all I wanted was to spend time with them, but they are all off doing something else.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sun 26-Mar-17 10:49:03

Today, like Father's Day, is an over hyped pile of guff.

How are you treated all year round? that's the real question.

ToffeeForEveryone Sun 26-Mar-17 10:50:21

You are not wrong.

Flumpernickel Sun 26-Mar-17 10:51:32

I think thats my point stay classy, its a daft occasion and it just makes you focus on things you probably wouldnt otherwise even notice or get maudlin about (if that makes sense.)

I vote for a ban. Lol.

Flumpernickel Sun 26-Mar-17 10:52:48

Oh zoflora! How shit! flowersbrewcakewine

Writerwannabe83 Sun 26-Mar-17 10:53:09

The best Mother's Day in my eyes is a peaceful child-free one!!

I saw DS when he woke up at 6am this morning but then DH took him downstairs and I've been in bed ever since with a few cups of tea bought up to me. I think I can hear DH cooking breakfast now actually.....hope so!

DH will also be taking DS out for the day so I can relax at home in the peace and quiet and have a lovely uninterrupted hot bath.

I spend all my time (bar work) with DS and DH so in this house Mother's Day is a day for Mother to be left alone and have some rest and relaxation in a quiet and empty house grin

Pencilvester Sun 26-Mar-17 10:54:32

I do not enjoy Mother's Day as my MIL is a missing person and my own mum is an abusive arse.

Sorry you feel under appreciated OP. Kids can be self centred twits sometimes.

Boulshired Sun 26-Mar-17 10:58:54

Use to be lovely but self absorbed teenagers who I know mean well but cannot seem to show it. DS1 who has just seen a card from DS2 has popped his head in to offer to buy me fish and chips, but only mine and his so DP will need to buy the rest. I have got a leg of lamb in the oven why would I want bloody fish and chips a coffee would have been nice.
I find Mother's Day hard anyway since losing my own.

FairytalesAreBullshit Sun 26-Mar-17 10:59:13

My children are at their Grandparents, can't imagine why hubby didn't think to mention it till last night. angry

Sat in tears, he really rubbed the salt into the wound as asked if he could grab me some milk, then said no point asking your family, my brother who's been quite helpful recently, has been moaning about it to my parents and grandparents. Got told by hubby there's water in the tap. Isn't he a clever boy, made oh so better by the fact tap water is beneath him. What makes it worse is the DC smirk into their coats when he's being a dick.

kingscrossnoodle Sun 26-Mar-17 11:00:19

i didn't want a box of bloody chocs you judgey twit. oh ffs. I answered your question with a NO. I then went on to talk about OTHER people's postings I have read. I wasn't judging you at all. But if you want to be judged I am only happy to oblige. All the things you are moaning about are not Mother's Day issues. If your DD is a selfish cow then she is a selfish cow every day, not just today. If your DH is too arse lazy to make a cup of coffee, surely that's not just today? So yeah, rather than sitting moaning about the people in your life not being at your beck and call today why don't you try and sort out the issues you have with them so that they behave exactly as you wish every day, then next year you will maybe see a difference.

Personal insults are always guaranteed to wind people up. Name calling makes you the twit, not me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now