Talk

Advanced search

Dentists!!

(5 Posts)
Exileinengland1999 Sat 25-Mar-17 14:01:09

I go to a private dentist. Last week a chunk of tooth fell out so he replaced the filling with a temp one and charged me £70. It fell out the next day. I went back in and he did another one and that one fell out 15 minutes after leaving the practise.
Aibu to think that a temporary filling should last longer than 15 minutes?

Now he is saying I need a load of expensive work. He's normally fine but I feel like he's taking the piss.

user1476961324 Sat 25-Mar-17 14:12:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

user1476961324 Sat 25-Mar-17 14:13:17

Well - if one of your teeth cracked, some work will need doing. How badly damaged is the tooth? Will it require a root canal or a crown?

When did you let go to the dentist?

If you haven't been for a few years, it's likely a few things will need doing I'm afraid.

Exileinengland1999 Sat 25-Mar-17 14:17:59

I go regularly. He said earlier in week that there was no decay- just that an old filling was loose and I had a bit of a hole at the side where a bit of tooth came away. I'm just suspicious that the temp filling isn't lasting more than 15 mins

Happyandhungry Sat 25-Mar-17 18:22:18

I had a filling fall out. Bought that stuff from boots which is like cement for teeth (temporary filling) it lasted 5 days til my NHS dentist appt where i had the filling fixed. He is ripping you off or possibly a poor dentist! I would go back to NHS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now